1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank range

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by abmatt2002, Sep 7, 2013.

1. What sort of tank ranges have you been getting? With the 848 I was averaging about 100-110, so if I was going on a journey I could plan where I'd have to fill up.

i filled up when I picked the bike up and got about 110, but that was hooning around and getting to know the bike.

on a side note I might change the seat. Nothing wrong with it aesthetically, but after a hour or so I get a numb bum! Anyone tried any of Ducatis other offerings?

matt.

2. Apparently my ancient old Guzzi is good for 300 miles per tankful. Proper, sensible range, that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hmm, my Pani appears to be worse than the 848...even with another 1.5l crammed in there. Possibly 90 to the light :eek: Had one squeeky bum moment already where that caught me out in Wales.

Need to really keep an eye on it for a little while I think, there's a gauge that tells you how many mpg you're getting but I'm fairly sure that's telling me lies :rolleyes:

4. The 848 corse evo se I recently borrowed from Snell's drank fuel, it might have been something to do with Dementor "saying keep the throttle pinned and just bang it through the quickshifter" job done........ did Bournemouth and back last week on 1 tank on my multi1200s 200 miles, averaging over 50mpg :tongue:

5. We travelled from NE Hants to Le Mans which worked out about 450 miles. My girlfriend's Diavel has 4 litres less than my 1200s Multi but we still filled up together. I'd say we routinely got very high 40s but began to get nervous around 160 miles. She never ran out and only got the reserve light 3 times. Hoon it and expect 30s but a BFG - big fffing grin ! Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can set up your screen so that when the fuel warning light comes on, the mileage counter resets to zero. The handbook says you have a max mileage of 40 from that point. Mine ran out at 28. I was following a Jap bike at the time and did not remember to stop. Went past a petrol station 5 miles before I ran out! What a twat.

I'm getting about 46 to the gallon, and I now fill up after about 120 miles, although could easily do 150.

After 120 miles, my tank takes 12 litres. Capacity is 17.

7. I have numb bum syndrome too. Did not know if it was because I had been off two wheels for so long.

After 1,500 miles, I've now bought a tourer seat, I'll let you know what I think.

8. Don't get a lot out of the fuglystrada, high 30's maybe, but then I do like to use the engine a bit. There's an art to filling the tank too; some people claim upwards of 200 miles to a tankful but I've never got above 130. Apparently you have to brim the tank then wait for the breather to let some fuel into the back of the tank, then top it up. I tried that and got 140...

9. They do that automatically. Cheers for the distances. Reckon I might be able to do my next journey on 1 tank. Let us know how you get on with the seat.

10. My multi gives numb bum, low seat option equals less padding. Thinking of getting an aftermarket gel pad thing

11. The NHS do blow up rubber rings for sore arses, might be worth getting an appointment with your GP for a referal :eek:

12. Just get used to sitting upright Bradders, it took me a few weeks before I could get off the fuglystrada without swearing at it.

13. Went from Ardleigh just North of Colchester to St Austell on my Le Mans II..........Filled up before I left, filled up in St Austell.....wasn't even on reserve........350 miles @ 75 - 80 all the way.

But I did get a really numb bum on the way back....much slower speeds because of heavy traffic.

The SS seat is probably the most comfortable I have had on a bike, slightly less now I have taken 1.5" out of it.

AL

#13 Ghost Rider, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  14. 848 - 110 miles from a full tank
    Panigale - 75 to light on, 90-100 to a tank (despite another 1.5l)
    Desmo - 65 to light on, 80mls max to a tank or you are pushing!

15. Those seem to be fairly standard miles from the tank.

I get around 100-110 from a tank on my 848 EC SE :smile:

16. Yup! That's what I get from my 848 Evo...

17. I have been getting 110 miles or so till light on with mixed riding. I then fill up ASAP so haven't pushed the reserve too far.

18. Yup, that's what I got today. I'm doing a run soon which is all A road or motorway so going to see what I get then too. The 848 used to give me 125 before the light.

19. filled bike up this morning and put £26.09 in, it must have been running on fumes

20. I'm getting 42 miles to the gallon or just over 9 miles to the litre

Do Not Sell My Personal Information