1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Tank Removal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Red899, Oct 2, 2017.

1. So it looks like someones keyed my tank and it'll need to go off and get re-sprayed (i got a quote of £175 from Rage Designs if that sounds reasonable?)
    How easy is the tank to remove?
    Presumably there's no sub frames that need lifting and such like? :rolleyes:
    Cheers :upyeah:

2. oh ffs can a mod edit that title please
    x

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Can’t be difficult. Imagine quick release on fuel lines, couple of bolts and fuel pump power and done.

Hopefully without stripping all the bodywork around it...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Oh ill find a way to make it difficult dont worry about that.

Do i need to do anything with the fuel lines/loose wires? (apart from remember where they go when i put them back)

5. It’s super easy to remove the tank. First remove the seat (1 bolt), the remove the ignition cover (4 bolts) then remove the rear tank retaining bolts from under the seat (4 bolts) and finally the two bolts from the front of the tank. Next, carefully lift the rear of the tank and disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector, then the quick release fuel line connector and the overflow pipe at the front of the underside. Finally, slowly ease the front of the tank up.

Done it many times on my Pani’s, it’s a simple job.

FYI - Rage Designs did a great job on my farinings, top blokes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. There you go, 5 min job :upyeah:

Hardest part will likely be removing quick release lines: small string fingers needed!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Obviously drain as much fuel from the tank as you can with a tube before you remove it. A light tank is much easier to deal with than a heavy one with fuel in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Done :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information