1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Tankbag

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Daddy2coull, May 16, 2018.

1. hi folks. Shopping for the multi before it’s arrived but currently looking for a tank lock style bag.

Loads to choose from out there but wondering what other people have and how they get on with them. I tried a forum search but it didn’t throw up the kind of results I’m looking for.

Cheers in advance.

2. What do you want it to do D2C, carry your keys and glasses, or carry a weeks worth of clothes. I've gone the Givi route and got the small hard top bag for glasses and keys days and a medium one for touring, and I think their brilliant. I was a bit sceptical with the tank lock system initially as it almost falls onto the ring but it is very secure and have had no issues with it.
    The only thing I have to remember is, don't play with the lever when I'm traveling.
    (no I haven't done it yet, but it's so tempting) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I like the SWMotec smaller one a LOT.

DSC07885.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thats nice looking. Option fort a charging point inside?

5. I installed a socket on my 2014 and power mine that way. There is a wire port on the front and the back. For my model at least they make a "hot" tank ring I believe, where you wire the tank ring and when you snap the bag to it, it's energized. I didn't want to take the whole tank shroud apart to install it, happy to unplug mine this way. The bag also has an accessory bracket that attaches to the front. designed for a GPS but I use it to mount m yradar detector. Inside the bag I have a very small platic box where I spliced all the stuff I need to the 12V inbound line - V1 radar detector cable and it's accessory Blutooth dongle, a plug for heated glove liners, and a 2-port USB outlet for phone, Sena, whatever.

DSC08441.JPG

DSC08438.JPG

DSC08439.JPG

6. If you unzip just the front of the top, it will hold a drink I discovered. Lets me bring home an iced tea in a to-go cup from lunch (carefully). :)

7. 2 side zippered pockets, pretty stiff. On the right I keep the waterproof cover for the bag (I'm rarely in the rain), and on the left I mainly keep a plastic kickstand pad for when I'm in grass etc.

8. If you wanted to on the DVT you can run one straight from the din plug by the clocks or under the seat. The Ducati solution is far easier, and you can buy the parts but that works out a bit expensive...cheaper to have a power bank and use that

9. On my hyper I ran the genuine Ducati tankbag probably made by givi. Just a shame it won’t fit on a multi.

I like the tank lock style and I’m tempted to go for the larger Ducati bag, but looking for other options especially interested in running power in it.

Shorton, that looks like a really good fit and being able to mount my gps on the front is good as I read on here there is a delay with the Ducati mount.

I ususlly carry my lunch and phone etc in one. But when touring I like to be able to carry passport, tickets etc in there with easy access and enough room to stuff my gloves in when I’m passing through the Euro tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. google give ones, as they do various sizes incl expanding and you can use the ring. Note the impact on full lock tho, probably no matter which you use its likely to foul.

11. I agree, the small bag is very handy and convenient, especially with the USB included. Its only drawback is that the transparent window in the top is too small for my phone.

12. It would overheat in there in the sun anyway.

13. I use a Givi XS307 for my commute and I have and an XS320 for longer trips, both tank lock

14. If you have a Givi tank bag, turn it over and take a look at the way the locking ring device is fixed to the bag itself. There are four little screws, which screw into plain nuts. You may find that there is no loctite, nylocs, or lock washers of any kind. After much use there is nothing to stop the screws coming loose and falling out, with obvious results.

I suggest fixing/locking the screws positively in some way, which is easier to do at home than while you are 1,000 miles away at the side of an autostrada.

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Any chance of a pic of the xs320 on your bike please

16. Me too. It looks great on the bike and also nice quality.

17. bit of an update and also a gripe. I bit the bullet and purchased the genuine Ducati branded Givi tank bag. lovely bag and well made. only used it for two days so far but its reinforced seam has rubbed into my paintwork and made some nasty marks. I guess i can cover the damage with a tank pad, but disappointed.

18. Did you adjust the bag before using it ?

19. its as far back as it can go. I have made a mistake though, its not the reinforced seam, its just the rough underside of the tank bag itself. an expensive lesson.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information