1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tasteful Tank Pad Recommendation...?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DucatiChappie, May 20, 2018.

1. Hi there

Now, first off, I *hate* tank pads, I always think they just look tacky (sorreeee!) but my tank is freshly painted and looks great, and I want it to stay that way, so needs must an' all. Looking around at what's available (at least on eBay), they all seem to be of the "Oxford Spine" type, whether genuine Oxford or not. I feel that that's not the right style for the SS (carby), being more suited to a curved tank rather than the SS's squarer back end.

I know that they're not much (£8-9) and I could just buy one and see, but I hate wasting time and money on stuff that just isn't right. I also suspect that some of the cheaper ones might not be all that good at staying stuck on.

I'd be going clear I think, rater than carbon.

Anyone got a recommendation please? Or do we just leave the tank unprotected and suffer the consequences?

Maybe a "zip protector" might be the better way!

Cheers all

James

PS - sun is out - definitely getting some miles in today!

2. After getting fed up with unsightly tank pads, I bit the bullet and had the tank fitted with ventureshield.
    A bit pricey but well worth it.

3. Keiti are very good.

4. I bought some very thin carbon fibre lookalike wrap - peels off easily when you want it off, didn't let water get behind.
    3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. i have this on mine, it’s the raised “gel” type, good colour match and high gloss, must’ve bought it on eBay, that’s where I buy everything!

8053F00D-DE64-4341-BA20-F1F56E71A559.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. 15268106230402831283582632579949.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions guys.Will have a look at the options.
    Cheers
    James

8. Zip protector???

9. Ventureshield

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information