1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Me About Silencers (carby 900ss)

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by IanB, Jul 9, 2021.

1. I'm collecting parts for a project 900ss & I'm looking for a set of high level pipes like on the Superlight.

It seems like I will have to pay at least £500 for a pair of silencers built by Termi or Silmoto etc & I'm just wondering what's actually inside them? If its just an empty tube with a removable baffle I could get a pair made up locally for a fraction of the price.

Thoughts appreciated

2. The high level link pipe is part of the assembly, and the rise and twist is important to how they sit on the bike, so it is difficult to emulate with generic silencers. There are a couple of different options on stand-alone link pipes, but none that I have seen that quite cut it vs the original Termi look.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DSC_0630.JPG
    If you decide to go with the standard silencers l have one right hand one that has never been fitted but has some light damage from storage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. By the way, it is a simple perforated centre tube with fibreglass wadding around it. No removable baffle, and don’t need one unless a neighbour or your MOT tester is particularly sensitive, as the sound is low frequency and not particularly loud.

5. I've got the Silmotors and have to say, they are worth the money. Sound awesome and very good quality. They have baffles too if needed

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. £500 would be a bargain for Termi's - probably need to nearly double it. I paid £795 for mine 5 years ago

7. #8 Jon Wright, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information