1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Me About The 821 Sp Hyper

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by SiRich, Feb 2, 2017.

1. As above what do u owners think of them, would you buy another one. What is the practical range before your arse calls time?

How mental really are they?

Cheers in advance

2. I like it.

Yes, have considered the 939 SP but there's really nothing wrong with the 821 SP.

My arse calls enough (sports seat fitted) at around 60 miles or so, but that's fine for me as I didn't buy it as a tourer and recovery time is short. Can go further if required though, but tank range to warning light is only around 110 - 120 miles.

As mental as you want it to be.

3. Do it you won't be disappointed.... love mine and to be honest there's not another bike out in the market that would make me change

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fabulous bikes, agile, fun and plenty fast enough for the road.
    I have an 1199 as well but it's the Hyper I ride most.
    The sports seat's worth having because it allows you to move around on the seat (backwards or forwards) the standard seat locks you into one position. I'm OK to ride until it's time to refuel.

5. Non-sp 821 2015 owner. I usually ride about 220 to 240 km per tank and personally no comfort problems at all with the stock standard seat. The bike is comfortable at 6'3 with 34" inseam.

I would definitely buy it again. Love the agility and ripping on the throttle and how the bike handles in the twisties and city. Have had 0 issues so far with 6000 km.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did 700 miles in a weekend on my 939SP.

I was fine afterwards, and didn't feel like I needed a physio.

Range was a little annoying, light came on as low as 90 miles but generally good for 110 then the light comes on.

The 821 I had before felt 'ok'. I wouldn't say mental though. 939 is a big step up in midrange, perfect for hooliganism.

7. Cheers all, the deal is done on an 821 SP

• Like Like x 4
  8. Get some pics up lol
    Also what the other guys said about the sports seat I bought one last summer and I find with it having a much better ride as able too move
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here she is ......love it on looks alone. Light as a feather between your legs. IMG_2315.JPG IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2317.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. They look awesome! You ridden it much yet?

Let us know how you find it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keep popping in the garage to take a look, hoping to get a good run out tomorrow will let you know how I get on. It has a renthal rear sprocket, which looks huge!

12. Haha. Might be running a larger one then, improves wheelie potential!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Been on the bike 4 hours today. What a sweet bike everything just seems to jel. Absolutely love it. The handling is brilliant and it's got plenty of grunt to keep things interesting.

Only negative if being bit picky is that the seat is only borderline ok for comfort (although it seemed to get better or I adjusted) and the indicator stalk is a bit fiddly. The brakes aren't amazing either needing more of a squeeze than I expected, might check the pads..

Brilliant bike should have got one years ago.
    IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2331.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. You need the race seat. Instantly able to move your ass around, far far nicer.

15. Re race seat: x2!

16. Race seat x3

17. Sounds like the race seat is a must have. Cheers fellas that's another few hundred quid you've cost me!

What do u guys think of the front brakes, I was expecting them to be fierce, they're good but not fierce.

I didn't get a handbook, can I get one from the main dealer or an online version? I need to change the clock time and it's not obvious.

18. You should be able to download the handbook without a problem. Don't know if the dealer would have one floating around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information