1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Temperature And Fan After Remap

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stef, May 24, 2019.

1. Good morning everyone!
    I had my 1299 remapped by Dave Wood Racing yesterday. It feels very nice, I must say. The only "issue" I've found is that before the remap the fan would switch off at 99 degrees, now it's still on at the low 90s (nothing wrong with that) BUT if I leave the ignition on (turning the engine off just with the switch), the temperature takes ages to drop and the fan doesn't go off. Another BUT: if I switch the ignition off, turn the engine back on even just for 10 seconds, the temperature goes to low 80s. For example yesterday I had
    - 93 fan on ignition on
    - ignition off then on again
    - start the engine: reading 82
    - turn off the engine: reading 86.

Sorry this is a bit confusing, what's the likelihood that the temperature sensors got a bit "screwed"? Is there any way to reset the temperature/fan sensors without wiping the remap?

Thank you all

2. I'd ring moto rapido and ask them bud.

3. no chance, the temp sensor will be fine, as soon as you restart the motor and the temp drops the cold water thats in the rad is flooding into the motor jacket dropping the temp. the water only flows while the motor is running remember.

They would have just lowered the "fan on" temp. ive dont the same to mine and on them sticking hot day (where have they gone!) my engine temps are much ,much better

Hope this helps

Martin

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thank you!!!

5. How do you like the effect of the rest of the mapping? Anything stand out in particular? May get this done myself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information