1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termi Baffle Is Baffling??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Felstmiester, May 5, 2021.

1. This is a baffle right? Doesn’t seem to have a retaining bolt in & hasn’t since I purchased the bike last year ( only found this out today) although the bike is incredibly loud already curiosity got the better of me today so thought I’d remove it. But it won’t budge!! Not sur if this is because my end can has been cut down?? Or did I not force it enough?

1C90F0A7-107E-43DB-BDED-1BF28A26F6C9.jpeg

2. They are a pain to get out, i normally thread a strap through and pull it that way. Yours looks extremely beaten up though so you might never get it back in.

3. I sprayed some wd at it. Walked away for 30 mins. When I returned and got some pliers just to give it a wiggle it virtually fell out. I’m amazed it hadn’t shot out like a missile on it’s own.
    And yes it does look very beaten up. Not sure what’s happened to it in the past.

1463006A-E8D2-463E-AB03-365D5F148A4B.jpeg

EE486E66-6289-4830-B179-42B0B544C451.jpeg

4. Sound better without it?
    Does your actual end can have a slot for the retaining bolt to go.

5. It sounds a lot deeper. Haven’t been out on it yet.
    As for retaining bolt the answer is no. In the pic above the piece the bolt would go through to hold the baffle in isn’t there. It’s as if in the past someone’s tightened it up to much maybe and it’s broken the metal away. I’m hoping I can get a dremell tool or something in there and cut back the end lip to make it look a bit better.
    Like I say I’m amazed it hast shot out like a bullet in the past because certainly since my ownership it hasn’t had a retaining bolt holding it

6. Looks like a generic ebay baffle mullered to fit.

7. Think u may be right. Ideally I’d like to get a new end can or try and replace the shitty end cap.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information