1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Termi Full System - Legality And Noise

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pat Mills, Jan 8, 2022.

1. I’ve had full Termis on both my Multistradas.

My arse dyno says the system improves the bike greatly but I couldn’t prove it! The standard pipe was just too quiet for me and no problems with the boys in blue whatsoever in 5 years of ownership.

You can always leave the baffle in if you think the bike is too loud, but I couldn’t speak from experience as mine has never been anywhere near it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you want to Europe tour on it, just a heads up that some countries are now introducing roadside noise testing if you get stopped. France is also introducing roadside noise meters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It improves the sound remarkably, baffle in makes it quite a bit quieter, but you lose the pops n bangs that make it so addictive when it’s not fitted, hence mine is left out

Never had any problems with police or been stopped, but obviously don’t tempt attention when plod around…

The up map with the full system smooths the power delivery and gives a few more horses, or so my seat of the pants Dyno says!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh, it absolutely transforms the bike. Best mod you can do. Ducati test these bikes with the full system, then have to fit the shite dustbin to conform with regulations, so don’t even hesitate. I haven’t even bothered to try my upcoming V4PP with the standard system, as I know the full system will unleash the full potential.

5. It certainly does , best money I spent on the bike .

6. Turns your insurance certificate in to toilet paper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My premium never changes when I declare the full system.

8. Most refused to insure the diavel with a full race system fitted. They are ok with end cans but a race system will void any policy in the uk

9. What are you declaring when you talk to the insurance company?

10. As it’s not for road use, your policy would be void, ring and ask. It caught me out. Don’t forget that insurance companies will look for any reason to not pay out and this would be a lie on your policy. There was a change a few years ago and the onus is now on you to declare rather than them to ask

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. This is what they referred me to on another bike with a race system when I made a claim

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org...ints-deal/insurance/misrep-and-non-disclosure

as it’s not for road use, they have every right to refuse a claim, just wanted to point it out as it cost me a lot as I had to cancel the claim to stop the policy being cancelled

a voided policy will haunt you for years when trying to re-insure

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. When I insured mine I mentioned the full system as a Ducati Factory part fitted by the dealer , they asked does it increase the power by 5% as it adds less they were fine . This was Ducati insurance . The mod is listed as part of the extras , luggage , sat nav and exhaust system as cosmetic . So its been declared with the questions asked.

• Agree Agree x 4

13. Good point had not thought about this perspective

14. On the V4 I guess you are using road legal Akra?

15. Race system .

16. Using the word 'race system or not for road use' are the keywords.

The terms of insurance which we all agree to when taking it out is that the vehicle is road legal. The current proposals by the Government is likely to see the end of fitting non road legal end cans and systems. The initial proposals are also that it will be retrospective.

17. Ducati sell it as race system , with a not for road use on the description , I was asked about it , not asked if road legal but on the power increase was the leading question . I will check again but had a similar situation and they stated if its not road legal the part would not be covered if stolen or damaged , the rest of the bike would be. Maybe that has changed but as above answered the questions as asked. Are you in the industry by the way as your posts seem informative and seemingly based on being part of the insurance world. Its a nice question not a cocky one . Cheers as all advice would be good based on inside knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have a good friend who works in the legal industry dealing with claims for life changing injuries and fatalities, not whiplash and the like. It seems it’s a minefield as there is no right answer covering all situations as no two accidents are the same but when the claims become hundreds of thousands or millions then the legal side leaves no stone unturned when trying to uncover all the facts and apportion liability.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information