1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Termi Slip On Advice Please

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Coffey, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Hey folks, given in and hoping to pick up some Termi slip ons for the 848 Evo .... firstly do I actually need to re map the ecu for slip ons? If so, can I just have the existing ecu mapped or do I have to buy the crazy expensive ready mapped ecu? Also the air filter? Do I need to change it also? Many thanks folks

2. I thought Termi slip-ons came with an ECU and air filter???

3. Its not brand new mate

4. Ah, OK. Guess you probably need a remap, but I'm sure someone will know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks mate, further to this, do folks usually run with the baffles in or without? Thank you

6. I bought some used Termi slip on's for my 848 and if you speak to @chrisw he'll be able to re-flash your ecu with the DP map to suit the Termi's. I sent mine to Chris and it was back within a couple of days. Very helpful guy and the bike runs perfectly. Out of interest, I didn't get baffles with my cans and i have no intention of getting any. Not sure my neighbors would agree with this decision but hey ho!

7. Spot on mate sounds great Out of interest is it silly loud or just 'loud' assuming it sounds sweet? I have the black standard cans but it is just going to have to be Termi's :joy:

8. It's not really silly loud, but it's definitely considerably louder than the stock cans and sounds much better. I wear earplugs when I ride and i can clearly tell the difference between the two cans. The termi's don't get anywhere near as hot either, so the under bum heating is at a more bearable level!

9. I would deffo get the DP map fitted. It will run lean on the oem map and the exhaust valve will still be active. The DP map forces the valve permanently open during use or ask for the Valve option to be deleted from the ecu altogether. Then you can remove the motor which weighs a ton and all the cables. Makes exhaust removal a lot quicker.

I did weigh my valve motor but can't remember what it was but I was really surprised how heavy it was, bag of sugar sort of weight.

10. Great stuff thanks, I am assuming that the existing ecu can be 'flashed' to do this instead of buying the dp ecu for the Termis! :upyeah:

11. Yes the ecu is physically identical it's just the map etc that differs on the DP setup.

12. Yes the ecu is physically identical it's just the map etc that differs on the DP setup.

13. Great stuff! Thanks! I did assume so, but you never know!! :upyeah:

14. I didn't get any baffles with my 1198S. Got an advisory on last years MoT - "exhaust a bit loud" - but it was fine this year, different garage! No idea what the neighbours think, but the OH knows when I'm getting near home!

15. Flashing the ecu is super easy. just have to buy the cables and get the program (jpdiag) costs 100E to get the full program and you can flash any map, change the display and adjust all kinds of settings.
    Airfilter and baffles are up to you. More air is always good. You might want to get the bigger scoops if you're looking for more power. Slipons are min performance improvement. Full exhaust if you want more hp

16. Or be a near a member with the set up. Where are you located Coffey?

17. @Pavey i'm not far from Cadwell, although happy for a ride out if you know anyone with the kit can help me out! Of course payment in beers or money!

Not too worried about hp gains, just after the sound really! Although if it will run better with the slip ons, minus baffles and the filter I will pick one of them up to

Thanks folks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information