1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Termignoni Full Exhaust Install

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JohnoDuc, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    The Termignoni full system arrived today so started to fit it which so far has been straight forward. But it is not clear how or what all the fixing are for.
    Has anyone got any info on the installation? I have searched but keep coming to a dead end.

2. In one of the stickies “DVT accessories” is a PDF for the performance part “Temignoni racing exhaust system”

3. I have seen that but the link does not work

4. Be careful with the header nuts, they’re made of cheese. As I remember access isn’t that easy on the forward cylinder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Actually I found the access pretty good compared to most bikes I had except foe the R1200GS maybe.

the nuts are copper from what I heard. So take it easy when tightening them. Only 10nm torque iirc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’ll pm you a download link.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Perfect, all clear now. Thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks, I gave them a good soak the day before and they have come off easily

9. Another bit of advice is to leave the header nuts loose until you've got the whole system in place and lined up nicely, make sure the header flanges are able to sit parallel to the head mating surface without forcing them flat by tightening the nuts, if they two surfaces are not parallel adjust the system until they are, if you try and force them flat the weld in between the header and the flange will split, speaking from experience!

#9 GTmorgan, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  10. Same for me. Just use some penetrating oil and use a proper 6 sided socket (in general try to avoid 12 sided sockets, spanners etc.)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information