1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Termignoni Full System Making More Louder?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

Are there way’s to make the termignoni full exhaust system more louder? For example to take some isolation from the muffler? Without consequents?

Thanks

2. Thought they were loud enough. You can open them up and take the stuffing out and refit the end caps with rivets .

3. Will it have a difference when i do not remove al the stuffing. Is there a change it can explode without or less stuffing? Has Somebody experiance?

Thanks!

4. Be careful! Less packing means more chance of hot gasses burning the carbon outer sleeve (I assume we are talking about the carbon sleeved variant, not the titanium), especially at the ends nearest the cylinders. Mine became discoloured when I didn’t re-pack them soon enough.

5. Ok i understand. So in theory if i use less packing and use a aloy foil on the inside to protect the Carbon i can produce more sound or ?

Thanks

6. Mine are loud enough on my 1198?
    If I take the baffles out it is to loud ( loud enough for the neighbours to say that I heard you go work on your bike this morning lol )

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you in the EU? Check if your system has CAT converters fitted.

My bikes termis were destined for German Market so had a CAT in each end can, made it significantly quieter.

Cats now removed = its deafening loud.

8. How do you recongnize these cat systems? I think i don’t have these but you never know

9. Topic can be closed

10. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information