1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termignoni Mtorque - Revised Ecu Map (maximum Torque)

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by vectorzero, Nov 24, 2020.

1. I'm reading an American forum and getting very excited about a new ECU map you can apply using the Termignoni T800 module. You plug the module into the diagnostic port under the seat, and download the new map into the bike using an app on your phone.

"Wheelies off the throttle in the first 4 gears" are phrases that get my 8 year old brain lighting up. I love the Streetfighter, but it needs to let its wild side out.

Anyone in the UK tried this yet?

#1 vectorzero, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  2. So no takers at all? Well it was Cyber Monday on Monday so I bought one. Lets see what happens. Maximum torque in the first four gears in December. What could possibly go wrong...

• Like Like x 2
  3. nice one mate. really interested to hear what you think. have you got link to the info i can have a read of?

4. https://ducatiforum.com/threads/upmap-now-avaliable-for-ducati-streetfighter-v4-v4s.42700/

There's a lot of fluff and chatter as some of the discussion predates the availability of the product. But once someone actually put the map in and tried it, what got my attention was post #44. Bearing in mind that the guy is running the stock exhaust (as am I).

"As far as my scientific-ish comparison. I threw it out the window when I realized the bike will loft the wheel in 1-4th.( wheelie control off) No sitting way back and yanking on the bars. No cranking it up to 9k in order to experience the bonkers range. I was having to much fun and any experiments were pointless. I put another 150 miles on her and decided I would never go back to a non-restricted map.

I have no plans to dyno the bike and I’m sure someone will eventually do that. I am not looking for the 2% increase in numbers.

My dyno consists of my adrenal gland and my right wrist and I’m happy with my purchase."

Then if you really want your Streetfighter to act like it looks you will be delighted with post #87.

#4 vectorzero, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  5. cheers mate :upyeah: look forward to your feedback

6. T-800 acquired, and maximum torque map loaded. Just waiting for the sun to come out for a moment or at least the roads to stop being damp and greasy to trial it. Switching maps is not a quick process (about an hour copying off the current map, and then copying a new one back onto the bike) so immediate back to back comparisons may not be possible without having a day or so to play.

IMG_0146.jpeg IMG_0147.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. presume you have seen this on youtube

8. Yes. Although I find his videos painful to watch.

Termignoni pro actively sent me a message yesterday, asking for my feedback and checking if I had unplugged the lambda sensors. They also sent me a video showing how to do that.

Might get a chance to unplug the sensors over the weekend and see what happens. Given the map won't work properly unless I do that I guess I'd better invest the time.

9. Hi guys, I've bought the Up-map but have not installed it. I'm waiting for Open Flash Performance team to develop their map for the SF V4S in the new year and see how it works out. I have their race map on a RSV4 1100 Factory and it turned the bike into a real stonker.

10. Still no verdict on the new map with the O2 sensors disabled. The weather has not been kind, but the main problem at the moment, is I can't move the fuel tank to get to the rear sensor. You need to remove the two bolts (10 in the diagram) and two screws at the side of the tank (13 in the diagram) in order to lift the tank sufficiently to reach the wiring. However, the RHS screw won't come out - its just rotating. It locates through a damper into a captive nut welded to a bracket (14). It may be that the weld has broken, as the screw rotates but will not retract. What a pain in the arse. I'm going to order replacement parts, and then see if I can remove the screw using a more robust approach. I love this bike, but actually riding it is becoming a very elusive pasttime.

Offending Screw.png

11. Finally got everything done. Screw 13 had threaded itself in part 14. I had to remove the tank completely and replace both of them. At least that made disconnecting the under tank sensor straightforward. To be honest its pretty hard to split the connection as it is zip tied to the bracketry on the rear cylinders.
    Ducati in Bits.jpeg
    The front lambda sensor is actually pretty easy to find and disconnect as long as you get down low enough to see it just forward of the alternator.

I managed to put on all the crash protection before venturing out for an 'essential' test ride.
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    Too cold and windy for a single wheel test, but throttle response did seem more urgent in Sport and Race modes - maybe verging on abrupt or 'savage'. More info next weekend when hopefully the weather will be a little kinder.

12. What were your impressions of this once you got everything sorted out.

13. I would be interested as well, Just bought the T800+ and will put the free map on but obviously like the idea of the Mtorque map.

14. For various reasons (I bought an S1000RR and had to run that in) I haven't taken the Streetfighter on a long enough run to reach a final conclusion. As I said above the response does seem more Panigale V4 than the more muted response of the stock Streetfighter. Given the crap weather and other commitments, I might not be able to make a definitive judgement for a while. I've also got a problem in that the T800+ says it needs a firmware update, but for some reason I can't get the app to successfully perform the upgrade. So I really need a dedicated weekend to sort through the issues and get the definitive verdict out there.

15. Okay, think I've picked the wrong time of year as well:). Going to ride it for a while before loading the upmap.

16. I have a SFV4S with full Akrapovic so has a map already, will the termi map still work do you know?
    Where do you get them from please?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information