1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Termignonis - Real Or Not?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by gawinter, Nov 5, 2017.

1. How can you tell if Termignonis up for sale are genuine? I've seen a few on ebay but not sure. I don't want to be disappointed spending my hard earned on the wrong thing.
    Are there any telltale signs to look out for?

2. I put a bit of carbon fibre wrap and a Termignoni sticker on the Vietnamese exhause of my scooter a while back. :)

100% genuine it was , guvnor. :laughing: **

**Well, maybe the sticker. ;)

SL380880.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Thats a lovely scooter mate :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You have me worrying now. My 748 has Raleigh crossed out and Ducati written underneath in crayon!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. There's a plate on the bottom of the bottom can (if twin cans of course) with the serial number & date, you can confirm the authenticity by contacting Termignoni at http://www.termignoni.it/en/

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Lovely scooter Robarano.I had a Lammy back in the sixties,was great fun.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I wouldn't fret too much. Have you seen the prices of original Raleigh Choppers? :astonished: You may be quids in. :)

8. The Termis for 916 series bikes (and others, e.g. Monster etc.) have a rough finish carbon fibre rather than the smooth glossy finish that other brands use - 'Sharkskin' I have heard it described as. Not sure if any other make uses this finish? but Termi definitely did.

Other than that look for cosmetically challenged welds with 'spatter', rough edges and even bits of welding wire attached (to the inside of the pipe) - these are all Termignoni traits...

9. If the welding is shite then they are genuine!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. there not renowned for being as good a quality as some but apart from the carbon not really being laquered they do look a reasonable quality to be fair but i'm only vouching for the 916 range

11. Well, the poor quality comments don't ring true in my experience, the Termi's on my Monster 821 are nothing but top quality with no welding issues, they look and sound great.

12. The termis that came with my 748 SPS were very well made. I put the termi stickers on myself and the ran the welder over the seams to make them look genuine (not really)
    They came with the bike from the factory no stickers no idea if they are termignoni but I'm not bothered

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information