1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termis For My Evo

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by HYPERBIMDUKE, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Finally conceded that I needed termi 2 into 2 for my evo to replace std cans after 8 years...
    Recently swapped MWR airbox lid for ram stacks & pod filters so will need a remap, decided the termis were justified to complete the package.
    Should get them for fitting next weekend.
    Quite excited I must say... :)

2. Get some pics up when your done mate. Still not sure what route to go with the filter once mines run in. To be honest I’d like to go with pods but they’re hard to find in the uk. I need to find someone who can 3D print me some stacks but I know if I don’t source something before the bikes run in the MWR will be going on.
    I managed to get a replacement foam element for the one I got of u by the way.
    Roll on the nice weather!!

3. Will post piccie before & after with weight savings

Glad you could replace the foam, where did u get it? The MWR setup is pretty good & you will get big benefits. I just wanted to do something different.
    My pods were done as a favour from an old acquaintance & he wouldn't do small batches normally. I got the card models from on this forum, you could download & get some online quotes maybe, my material is rated up to 200 degrees.

4. I contacted MWR on the Facebook page asking if they do the replacement foam explaining the previous one had split. They sent one straight out free of charge. And it’s complete on the aluminium frame. Had a result.
    Yeah I think I’m going to end up just going with the above set up. I’m sure I’ll be happy with the gains. Bike already feels stronger even only taking up to 6k revs. Maybe it’s down to the gas flowing or the fact everything was shimmed up and new. Hopefully I’ll have time to get it run in so it can go on the dyno early summer. Then I can just enjoy it.
    Any reason your staying with the 2 into 2 style with the termi? For me I kinda like the look of my 2 into 1 termi. I like seeing the gap between the rear wheel and seat unit. Never took the time to see if there’s any restrictions for the latter to be honest.
    I’ve gotta stop throwing money at mine and ride it. I’ve not even had it a year yet and with the engine rebuild and other bits I’ve brought I could’ve brought a new V4

5. That was a result.
    Did the cams get dialled in, this makes a big difference to rideability I found when I first did this.
    I like the look of the twin setup, even it it weighs more.

6. Yes mate all dialled in. As I was spending that much I wanted to do everything right. Bearings seals and gaskets came to just under £1000 alone. I’ve seen in some of your posts that yours is a keeper. Mine definitely is! But I do like the bike so I’m ok with that.
    There’s not really any places local to me that can do the remapping. Race engineering has a dyno but can’t reflash ecu, and I don’t want to go the power commander route.
    Nearest to me is a company called Dave Wood racing. Never used them before but heard good reviews. The one I’d like to use cjs is nearly 4 hours from me. Bit of a trek.
    About your termi’s. I don’t think I’ve really seen the twin set up. 2 into 1 is the one you see on majority. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

#6 Felstmiester, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  7. I had mine mapped by CJS a few years back but will need a remap for the changes to intake & exhaust this time so plan to go to BSD in peterborough who have a long ducati history, they did my wifes monster evo & I was happy with their work.
    Where in Herts are you based?

8. I’m just outside Bishops Stortford. Yes I forgot about BSD. I have spoke to them in the past as it happens. Probably about the same distance from me than Dave Wood is. If you recommend BSD then I will take a trip there instead. Ideally I want to ride the bike there so I can compare the difference on the ride home. If it Peterborough that’s fine. Just have to fit the MWR filter before I go and take it slow on the way up in case it makes it run lean.

9. 20210130_140932.jpg 20210130_140346.jpg 20210130_122541.jpg 20210130_134644.jpg
    Termis on..
    Started with baffles in, each baffle has the end blocked & 3 x 8mm slots in each... too quiet, too loud without, drilled 12 x 8mm holes in each baffle, lots better, will ride it to see if the desired volume, then drill more if not...

20210130_140346.jpg

20210130_140932.jpg 20210130_140932.jpg 20210130_140346.jpg 20210130_122541.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Very nice! Massive improvement in looks. Not keen on the standard set up but they look pretty

11. Just need to fine tune the baffles to get the mellow deep sound without breaking the neighbor's windows...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information