1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termis, full system

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Stressed Hippo, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I love the look and sound of the Termi system for the Diavel, but.....

My dealer has said it is not road legal in the UK, but is not aware of any issues from customers.
    The exhaust states it is for "race use only".
    My insurance company has said if it is not road legal, insurance is invalidated, but I should be OK?? The guy I spoke to clearly did not really know.

My dilemma : should I spend c£2,300 on a system when the rules on legality and insurance are not clear?
    I welcome your thoughts and experiences.

Cheers folks, SH

2. Had full system fitted to mine (Pic in gallery) MCE were ok with it, I had to pay a little extra because it's a performance mod. They did say if the bike is written off/stolen they only pay out cost of standard exhaust. Ducati dealer says MOT won't be a problem either. For me it was definitely worth it for the improved looks and sound, no regrets.

3. Polish off the race use only but. I did when I had Termi on multi.

4. What Jase1 said

5. Maybe go via official ducati insurance they must be used to quoting for bikes with termis. They have quoted for me in the past with a termi race system.

the 'not for road use' marks can be polished off by a sheet metal engineering firm if youre bothered about plod/mot's etc. two minute job.

6. The Termi does sound amazing but £2300 ....... Jeez. There are lots of alternatives and personally the Remus looks better which has no markings and they also sell a road legal version.

I was in JHP the other day and they are selling a new Diavel with a Remus already fitted. I was also told they now sell their own ECU to compliment aftermarket exhausts.

7. I think its interesting that Ducati dealers wouldn't supply or recommend anything but Termignoni because of the ECU etc etc but now have a £400 Remus can on a show bike and supply ( if required ) their own map. Personally I put my Remus on in 5 minutes and it runs like a dream, had one on my Monster EVO also. Racefit is a good option, think there was a used one on ebay a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

8. Huge difference between a slip - on and a full system though.
    Does anyone do a full system other than Termignoni?

9. Had these fitted at the week end. db eaters in for the MOT and db eaters out to enjoy the effects of a v twin in full voice. DP ECU included. Andy
    20130601_211252 1.jpg 20130601_211318 1.jpg

20130601_211252 1.jpg

20130601_211318 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've had the full Termignoni system fitted at first service.
    It is undeniably expensive but worth every penny IMO.

The stock bike is great, i love it to bits but by adding the full system the change in the bike is nothing short of extraordinary - it's like this is the bike Ducati wanted the Diavel to be; the full colour spectrum version.

No idea what the bike sounds like with the baffles in but without the sound is fabulous - but not for shrinking violets!

11. :upyeah:

....from a shrinking violet's perspective (someone a bit nervous of attracting too much attention from certain quarters;-) - it sounds pretty damn good even with the baffle in!

EDIT: ooops.....Diavel thread not MTS12
    ....sure the same applies :)

12. I have booked my Diavel in for the 1st year service, and more importantly, I have stopped fannying around and have ordered a full Termi system!!! I'll let you know what I think. The stock bike is fucking awesome anyway.

13. Lucky you. Wish I had the cash. The full system is offensively loud with the baffles out!

14. That your new hawg mate?

15. My mate has one, still with baffles in its VERY VERY LOUD! Id near say toooo loud! Im not convinced I like the sound tbh it's not a nice boom more of a flea in your ear....

16. Yep. Love it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. They are loud. I'm thinking of going down the hp corse 3/4 system route with a remap.

18. If they are louder than Quat-D's sans DB killer I'll eat my baffle :).

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'm running the full Termi system with baffles out, it's loud but I've not had any fist shaking or people diving for cover, and the sound on over run just makes me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information