1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Not really my thing but we’ve just ordered the Mrs a new car - an M3 Performance.

0-60 ... 3.2 secs

:eek:

2. Range won’t be much cop if you wellie it like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I really don’t think she gives a shit mate. Her commute is 25 miles each way and probably only does a long trip of much over 100 miles once a month ... if that.

We’ll see how we go ... but all the evidence from owners online seems to be that range really isn’t an issue in the real world.

4. Geezer at work couldn't get from Leamington to Pickering in his without going to Leeds to charge up first :worried:

5. I think you are rather missing the point ... (quelle surprise) - she won’t need to do long journeys in it.

But .... 0-60 in 3.2 seconds !!!

As I said, it’s not really my kind of thing ... but that’s supercar performance for ordinary car money!

Bonkers!

6. Not much point in travelling only for 3.2 seconds, you'll need an uber for the rest of the journey

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Yeh, you too - that's not much over 100 miles - and you said not much over 100 miles once a month :eyes: it's not the Brexit thread you know :thinkingface:

8. Had a car that ran on electrickery for a while. Still say it was one of the best cars I ever drove for comfort (quiet), handling (low CoG) and running costs (£2 to give an 85 mile charge)

Everyone bangs on about the range, but if you never do long journeys or have access to a 2nd car, it's a no brainer.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. This thread's getting agressive very quickly. Just chuck in a few comments about lithium batteries for the full on hand bag fest. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. @Dave - i think theyre brilliant, but, "Everyday Car money" i wouldnt say so....well, depends where your financial status is....for me - everyday car money is 10 - 15k.....just to reiterate id love one (any electric car) my journey is just like your wife's short and constant so would be perfect but the price of an electric car is way out (i would say) of most peoples range...

12. Id just like also to say...i can only imagine its like those linear motor'd rollercoasters that fire you off into oblivion....much fun....especially if you own said rollercoaster/tesla!! - you get to do it everyday..... to work!! awesome.

13. Had some of your chaps at out plant today :thinkingface:

14. One of the board members of our company has a Model X P100D, he absolutely loves it. Something like 0-60 in 2.7 seconds

With him, his partner, a dog, and the possibility of up to 4 kids at one time needing to travel, it's the fastest 7 seater and most modern he could buy.

Admittedly he has quite a few other normal cars, one being a Bentley GT3 race car so I guess he gets the petrol kicks elsewhere....obviously the term 'normal' is subjective :upyeah:

15. Never realised I had chaps. o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. It’s mega quiet in one it’s weird no noise
    It’s quick obviously as it’s battery power and just as quick to stop too

I found it odd driving one I’m not sure I could be without engine noise :D

17. I was in Holland last year and these Teslas were all over the place.

18. Even with wimmin on board? o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information