1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Jan 1, 2021.

1. This is a Tesla

[​IMG]

2. They need to employ a designer.

3. This is the incumbent designer me thinks....
    A6AC2467-8749-4466-BE9A-8DB291C7539F.png

4. The only version I can find for the UK, https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/semi, isn’t going to set my world on fire. I strongly suspect the claimed 300 mile range (projected base model price £110k) won’t be achieved if you use the claimed performance, 0-60mph (80k lbs load) in 20 seconds. Years of making larger and larger and more isolated, decentralised distribution centres does not lend itself to the short range of electric vehicles afforded by current technology. No pun intended but it will need one huge light bulb moment to move away from the internal combustion engine in my lifetime. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mate of mine works for renault f1 and he said they have stopped all r&d on electric cars as they dont see them working in the future, infrastructure not there ect ect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So, that's the drivers name, but what is the vehicle called?

7. It can’t be him as he’s working on the Pan America iron jumping horse:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I believe he assisted Ronald McDonald in designing this
    7F7C4BF4-6C9F-4EBB-838A-33D263F19323.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. If only there were some transport method that was already in place, largely electrified, that could be used to transport goods between large centres of population.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. One good thing the steering wheel not left or right...been copying Gordon Murray...use them in any country no mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ah yes Trains, with that neat little ability to get to Sainsbury’s front door!

12. They have the capability to go to distribution centres within 100 miles of Sainsbury’s so making the reduced range of electric delivery vehicles irrelevant.
    As your level of analysis and critical thinking appears quite basic do I need to point out that deliveries are usually to the rear of supermarkets not the front door?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well you probably do need to point that out if you want to add a childish comment to your insult but “As my level of analysis and critical thinking appears quite basic”, I’ll leave you alone.

14. Perhaps inspired by Gordon Murray looking at that central driving position.

15. How longs that going to take to charge on a 13a plug then

16. About the same amount of time the drivers have been waiting to cross the channel in the last week or so....

• Like Like x 2
  17. I bet they've designed it so aerodynamically bad, so they can claim version on version improvement. And it ain't never going to be running on UK roads in my life-time thankfully.

18. I wonder if they’ll eventually become re-chargeable?
    The first carriage could be the power bank and just be swapped at a destination, instead of waiting for a re-charge. The lines wouldn’t have to be electrified, so safer and less maintenance.
    It must have been tried out with modern technology?
    Not just kids rechargeable train sets.

19. Isn’t that one of the solutions being looked into for electric vehicles, to have just have a slide out power unit which can be swapped at each “station” so you never properly own your own battery

20. Surely that’s how it’s ultimately going to have to work isn’t it? For all electric vehicles I mean, that’s the answer when the tech is compact enough, you just swap your battery for a charged one at a “Gas” station?

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information