1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Close

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jan 29, 2019.

1. test close

2. I posted this to check if I could delete or close, and find you can't.

@Rob @El Toro a quick suggestion: why not have a setting where a tread starter can delete the thread? I notice that some often ask for a thread to be closed. As a thread starter, couldn't this responsibility be placed on the OP, either with a close or delete option? Save admin time :)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Responsibility :eek:
    What if you start a thread with lots of useful contributions - then just delete as people are deliberating and communicating - best left to for a higher power maybe :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. Why? You can ask for it to be deleted, and they seem to oblige. Just trying to make the job easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think this is a function of the standard software. Perhaps @Rob can advise ?

6. Or, choose to move it to the 'off to die' area.

7. May be a standard request button to click?

8. Agree to a large extent - but what if one of the long running threads is deleted - like a the Ducati Picture Thread or Track Day Pictures just because the OP decides to - some Moderation would probably prevent this for the good of the forum archive...

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. I'd say why not have a page limit, but with you lot 10 pages can just be dross : unamused::confused:

Could be a few options for improved user experience that could help make admin easier:
    - delete your own threads
    - request delete button that creates a request that mods can simply process
    - close thread option on own threads
    - move to a 'dead pool' area that then closes
    - request sticky button for useful threads
    - some kind of way to allow some things to close, while have second line validation to close others

:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Are we on page 2 yet :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Here’s a useful example of a useful contribution ( excluding the previous words)

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
    :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. :bucktooth:

13. What's brought this on bradders ?

14. Seen quite a few 'close or delete please' requests. Thought worth considering self-service. And improving UX.

Mind you, I 'own' one of the long brexit threads, maybe I'd start there ;)

#15 bradders, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  15. Occasionally on forums people get "cross" about something and decide to leave... Its often the case that they delete all their threads too - where they have that option.

Once a thread has others who have contributed, its not just the OP's thread at all. I reckon Rob, El T & Ducbird can cope with deciding on whether a thread should be deleted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. What is someone makes a request to be deleted? There is a legal need to fulfil too....its a minefield.

17. No one would notice, as it's not even on the first 10 pages of recent!

18. It would be a shame if a thread starter deleted one of the help threads on here.
    Lots of useful info on here.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Understood and agreed.:upyeah:
    We used to be able to delete threads, in the old software ..:blush:
    ...... the one with the proper Likes and emojis :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information