1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Test Ride 1260s

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duc996bp, Nov 18, 2019.

1. I took a 1260s out for a test ride on Saturday, what a great fun bike! For the last 20years I have only riden a 996 or 1098, so getting on this big bird was very different for me. Once the seat had been lowered, i'm 5 7, and got out on the road, it was great fun. Comfortable, engine very flexible and didn't mind slow speeds, very fassst, suspension just soaked up the bumps too without being soft. Display was superb, easy to adjust on the fly. Hands...warm! even on the lowest setting, and I use very thin gloves. Roads were a bit damp so didn't do anything stupid, but I could tell the brakes were plenty, M50 calipers and 330mm disks. I could have ridden it for hours without any arm/wrist aches.

Sports bikes will allways be number one for me, but riding them on the road has lost their appeal, they will be used for TD's. For getting me out on the road all other times then the Multi is a great tool, who knows I could even be tempted to a Euro adventure, always fancied a ride to the mountains of Austria.......has old age kicked in for me?

I only had 1 issue, my visor kept misting up through lake of air flow, screen must have been deflecting it over my head. If I sat up tall and got my head high then it cleared, or opened my visor slightly.

Needless to say, I left £500 deposit with dealer, to be cont..

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Congratulations. You are far from the first to discover what a great bike the Multi is and a perfect machine for the roads and big mileages.
    PS. The screen is adjustable up and down on the fly with one hand. On its lowest setting I'm sure you'll get plenty of air to your helmet.

3. Ta Coman, I had it on the lowest setting, think I'm just a short-arse and it was a cold day which didn't help

4. You can join up with some of us at the European Multistrada Meeting in June in Portugal if you want to meet other Multi owners and enjoy riding in Europe

https://www.motoroutes.net/emm2020

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh I regard the mutley as a sports-tourer.

6. Nice choice , rode mine to Austria this year , cracking trip on a cracking bike

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dealer lent me a 1260 whilst my 1200 enduro was in for repair ( again ). To my mind it just felt smoother all round than my 1200, especially when nailing it & using the quick shifter.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information