1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Ride Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Number 1...

3AB0A3D4-1CF7-46A6-BE0E-613B0E5D2065.jpeg

Instantly at home, plenty of grunt, gearbox feels like a ducati! Loves uneven surfaces. Cruises easy at good Mway speeds

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. This is a loan bike I presume until the S1000RR is fixed or replaced?

3. Working on a replacement deal. S1000r wasn’t for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you try the XR see if you can get a top box on it when you ride. My mates got one and cant do over about 90 when he’s solo with a top box as it wobbles like buggery. And the top box is bloody small as well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. It’s fun when you get to and above 5000rpm

6. Does it have to be BMW? They just look a bit ‘dad’

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I had the same with the boxes on the KTM 1190 Adventure I had a while back. Probably obvious but dont get knoobly tyres either, they absolutely ruin the road handling.

8. Number 2

48CD1365-11EC-4533-84DD-EE0F17FDA4EE.jpeg

It’s just simply hard work! Seems more vibey than the R, suspension better but just asks to be canes all the time. Nothing is relaxed. And it’s as tall as a multi with comfort seat at rider plus pillion setting!!

Out of the two, the GS would take my money.

When I head back, I’m going to see what I need to do to reject the old bike as lost all confidence. Option 1 money back (unlikely) option 2 full credit against another bike (possible) option 3 take a new s1000r and just sell immediately and take bath on loss (quite likely dealer reckons) option 4 replace with new motor and sell when I get in back and take one of a bath.... default option!

Whatever, it’s going.

9. Bradders... what happened... you been quiet for a while... what happened to you and the bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Why?

11. You must smell lovely with all the baths you take.

12. Quiet on here coz sick of the tolls and knobheads tbh.

Bike expired in Belgium. In a cloud of smoke

• Like Like x 1
  13. I know the engine let go, which is so unlucky, but did you not like the S1000R? I borrowed one last year and loved it!

14. no. Impossible to sit at 85 plus even with taller screen. And just doesn’t fit my riding style these days.

Would have been great on track, which I partly bought it for, but expected it to be better on the road

And the suspension is shocking!

• Thanks Thanks x 1

15. Why not another Multy, young man ?
    Enjoyed my test ride on a 1250 and thinking of swapping if local dealer fails to take on Ducati franchise.
    My mate is swapping his XR for the new GS, can't cope with the way it's making him ride (and the vibes)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You know the GS works well, very well, for everything apart from trackdays, though I am sure it could be fun on a tight circuit! There is a setting there somewhere to accommodate 1 up comfort, 1 up fast, 2 up etc. and it works on all road surfaces. Much better than the S series, the telelever suspension on the GS just seems to deal with everything so well.
    Once you trust the different feel it can be ridden with real commitment and still seems to have something in reserve in the corners, changing to a proper road tyre improves them no end.. It doesnt (1200) have Multi top end performance but its far from slow and not an issue for what I want. The torque makes it a real world bike. Have watched reviews of the new 1250 v 1200 and the 1250 seems to have a lot more go over 80mph (as you would expect).
    After 'many' different bikes I am on my second and cant see me replacing it except with another GS, 1200 or newer 1250 depending on available monies at the time.

17. 1250 certainly torquey. Very easy to ride, although like some Ducati’s the front tyre gets to the edge with a fair bit left in the rear (which is a bit disconcerting) but steering quicker than I’d expected.

On ‘min’ preload it was wallowy and lovely and comfy. When I put on ‘auto’ it became a different bike, much firmer and planted. Much like urban to sport on a multi

18. If I can get full price offset, it will need to be a beemer. If not, and they just repair, i’ll Go somewhere else. A multi and the Gs are same ballpark, and Brett reckons the 1290 adventure is worth a look and ok for shorter legged people with low setting

I’d agree with your mate. The XR makes you ride like a twat: it’s not choice, it’s a requirement

19. I put a hyper pro spring on it 30mm lower, it is ok for me then, with seat in low and seat quite narrow. I doubt you will find one on the deal I got now, so back up to 15/16 k odd, more than the 12 I paid for my new one on a 19 plate.
    As for the Bike I think you would love it. Seat hard though, but that is it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information