1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Test Ride On A Multi V4

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hill100, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Had a 2 hour test ride on a V4s at Glasgow Ducati today. I was blown away by how good this bike is. Only went out of curiosity and ended up ordering one.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Nice one and thread moved :)

3. It's a great bike. The only downside is the fuel consumption but many bikes are similar in the respect these days.

4. Yeah, test rides sell bikes. I never dreamed I'd pay this much for a bike but I too was blown away by the test ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Never test ride a bike unless you’re prepared to buy it!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. A mate did the same last week. He was all set to buy a Triumph and decided to see what the V4S had to offer. Picks his up at the end of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reason I won’t try one. IMHO all Multi since 1200 are the best you can buy all round bikes. By a distance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My issue is, I've ordered a V2S and don't want to ride a V4S in case I like it more, which is likely...

The V2 should be all I need in a bike.

9. Definitely a case of tester beware…

My Multi 1200S was in for a service last October. The loaner I was given was a MV4S… within 300 yards I knew both the 1200 and Monster were about to get traded in… a week later I had one in the garage!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. yup prob best to stay away from the V4. had the V2 on loan when they serviced my V4. pretty different beasts :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I don’t so much have a problem with the consumption, more the range, the only bike I remember that had a smaller one was the Panigale.

Despite that the bike is a delight and no doubt if it had a 30 l tank, it would handle differently.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I rode the V4S and have to say I was not blown away enough to forgive the looks

So bought the V2S

I wish they still did the 1260 engine but the V2S has more than enough go for road use

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Luckily for me, my local dealer loaned me a Scrambler 1100 when my Multi was being serviced, loved it and bought one and they’re a lot cheaper than a V4s Multistrada so a win, win:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. You couldn’t reach the ground on one. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. :rolleyes::poop: Managed on the previous 3 ok

• Like Like x 1
  16. Back at me. I thought it was a Pani not a Multi.

17. I took my Mts dvt in to Glasgow Ducati for a service in January, with no intentions on changing it, came out with a V4s sport, who cares about the fuel consumption, bike is amazing, power delivery is so much better than the 1200 dvt. Only issue I have is the sound, too quiet, so just waiting on my full Akropovic to be delivered

• Like Like x 1
  18. So what’s the average mpg people are seeing, and the tank range?

On my DVT I am averaging over 50mpg and 200miles to the tank.

19. 38mpg average…mostly A and B roads in sport throttle mode. Ever so slightly better on motorway in Touring mode. Getting between 170 and 180 miles real range from a tank before sensibly needing to fill up

• Like Like x 1
  20. Is the issue with the full Akra not being road legal now resolved ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information