1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Rides

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Apr 27, 2019.

1. chaps would you buy a 2nd hand bike without test riding it??

ive gone buy a bike from a local company but the refused to let me test ride it,they said it was down to the insurance, i even offered to leave a healthy deposit.

Its a mint bike and very low milage but ive test rode bikes from other places and they have been very vibby though the bars and pegs, im not spending 10k on a bike that im not going to enjoy riding.

2. Never had the chance too ride a used one private or dealer tbh (that I can remember).

If its the same bike, it will have the same vibes. You can calm them down, but they'll be there

3. i just find it mental that they wont let me test it, you wouldnt buy a car with a test drive :mad:

4. I have done but I wouldn’t do it again.

If they can’t give you a test ride I’d walk away

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i have mate, tipically the other local dealer has said yes to a test ride on a similar bike but not really the one i want.

6. If the dealer won't provide a test ride there not worth dealing with so walk away bikes are like buses there will be another one along shortly
    Ducati Wolverhampton refused a test ride on a Multistrada DVT went to Ducati Stoke test ride no problem they got my £12k

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stoke won't let you test a used bike, because of insurance

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. They let me test ride a Multistrada pikes peak in march 2017 perhaps you didn't ask properly

9. I have but that’s due to distance and had it delivered, got to say I wouldn’t be happy if they wouldn’t let me test ride it. I have walked away when looking for 125 for stepson when they refused a test ride.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's recent issues with insurance apparently

11. Well they need to resolve their recent issues then. If we all just rollover the dealers will do nothing. If we stop buying used bikes they will sort it out PDQ.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It's a shame cos I really liked said bike.

13. Personally wouldn't hand over tens of thousands of pounds on something I hadn't tried the only issues dealer's with insurance is the cost of the insurance premiums and the expense of checking the bikes over pre test rides

• Agree Agree x 1

14. What bike, do tell?

15. Get them to give a letter with purchase that states they will take the bike back up to 2 weeks later if you are not happy for ANY reason, with no financial penalty to yourself, if they won't, purchase elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. @Pavey it was a 15 plate fire blade sp , but test riding a bsb replica one next week.

#16 cookster, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Test ride is from another dealer in Gloucester not the company with the sp.

18. Firebland is a firebland you ride one you have ridden them all :joy:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Did you turn up like looking like me:D,people judging these dealers then maybe that's the problem;)
    #walk away!
    tramp-vicar404a_686357c.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Go to Curry's, sit on a fridge... It's no different to a Honda

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information