1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thai Cave Rescue

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Birdie, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Have been watching the ongoing rescue of these children from the cave system.
    All the divers, particularly the two British divers have my total admiration for the skill and bravery, if anyone should be called hero's then it is these men.
    Four children have been safely removed and hopefully the rest will follow.
    Well done everyone involved and good luck.
    Stay safe.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 8
  2. The real heroes are those that tell their wife she looks fat in that dress cause someone needs to tell her.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Banana; noun, fruit, usually yellow.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Have been following this story with some interest. Hope all goes well with the remainder.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. As an agnostic, it has made me wonder if this could fit the bill of miracle. Not only surviving, but the diver only came up in that cave because he ran out of tether and was turning back. So many coincidences...

The sad loss of one of the volunteers also brought home just how tough it will be to navigate the vat system out underwater. Fella on new yesterday, rescue diver and cave diver, suggested even more incredible as most of the Thai divers aren’t trainined for anything like this and are learning as they go.

Fingers firmly crossed for all those concerned :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. 4 more rescued yesterday with a further four and the coach remaining
    A miracle indeed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. All rescued and safe! A amazing feat, with lots of clever planning, guts, determination and a handful of good luck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. That’s brilliant news

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. A miracle.

I hope the rest of the divers get back to base safely. Thoughts are with the family of the Thai diver who died and with the families of the boys who have suffered unimaginably for this past two & a half weeks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That's great news!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm delighted to learn they have all been rescued.As someone who suffers from claustrophobia I found it painful to imagine what it must have been like for them. I'm pretty sure there were no miracles involved in the rescue, but a lot of bravery, expertise , determination, good planning and co-operation was. Hats off to the Thai authorities for organizing the rescue so well.
    I've been in Chang Rai and remember visiting some caves, which were very dark so I didn't go too far in. I was interested to hear about the local peoples wisdom, from no doubt thousands of years of experience which was along the lines of 'Don't go in the the caves, she will swallow you up and never let you out!'

Just a question of time before a film about the incident is made, with all the international attention it will be a best seller.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I visited some caves in Thailand too, I remember having to squeeze sideways into a huge opening where it was all lit up with coloured lights
    Not somewhere I would like to be stuck in my worse nightmare

What on Earth were they doing so far down in a cave?

13. I went to see Ruby Falls in Tennessee when I was young. A fair old walk underground.

Nothing like the hazards faced in Thailand of course.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. The cave started flash flooding behind them / it was dry when they went in but the quickly rising water pushed them further and further in from what I understand

Great rescue and hats off to all involved

They did say they could all go to the World Cup final but have said they won’t be fit enough in tone

• Like Like x 1
  15. Judging by some recent threads, Chiz has gotten the nuke button finger on today :eyes::joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fantastic news that they have been rescued. A great shame that the ex Navy diver lost his life in the process however I feel sure that his efforts contributed to their safe return.
    Very brave people.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. it makes you proud to be British:upyeah:

18. It humbles you as a human being, stories like this are a great reminder we are all connected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 06A33F63-9AC6-4752-B74C-440ABAB834F6.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Knighthoods for the leading British divers:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information