1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You To The Forum - Amazing Community

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by SF Kiwi, May 23, 2020.

1. In short, my 1198 caught fire, it’s debatable weather the lithium battery helped that or not. However, some wise forum members (FM) came to my rescue with some great advice and signposted me in the right direction.

Thank you @Exige

The cost of repair might have been back-breaking but one particular FM suggested he could help with some parts. He literally helped me with everything I needed.

Thank you @kev moose

I also put it out there that I needed torque values for the crankshaft nut to reassemble the sprag, again one FM came to my rescue and not only offered advice, but he also sent me his Torque bar and bit. Who, outside a forum like this would do that?

Thank you @Sonic - Malik

And a huge thank you to the man who physically helped me at no gain to himself. He rescued me when the battery ran flat, he organised a garage for me to leave the bike in, he took me home, picked me up, followed me back, sat with me and worked on the bike, came over at the drop of a hat because I’d felt like I’d truly screwed it up.

He has been there for me without hesitation, he has offered everything he has.

Because he loves Ducati’s

Thank you Ivor Uren down in Redruth

Everyone has welcomed me, helped me and kept me sane.

£15 doesn’t seem like a whole heap of money for that kind of support.

Thank you to everyone out there who has something sensible to say, and thank you to all the people that don’t, because it’s kinda funny.

Here for good

Craig

Thank you all

• Like Like x 42
    • Love You Love You x 7
  2. There are some amazing people on here that’s why I love this forum so much

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. This is perfect for me too. I want to say thank you to all and Exige. Yesterday I learned I was able to ride today so yesterday I called my tyre man and told him be ready for me tomorrow, I fitted Exige’s cables and ‘downgraded’ to a standard Yuasa lead acid battery I had ready for end of lockdown. Bike starts amazingly now, the starter motor seems to make a different, faster noise. I ruined my electrics with a high power lithium battery thinking I was so clever “I’m saving 2 kilos for just €100” for what? I’m not going for pole so who cares, it’s an 1198s it has more torque and power than I will ever need and it’s not exactly heavy as standard. I burnt a regulator and the stator, now I have mosfet.
    I fitted Dunlop GP Race 212 today, front soft rear medium, they are fantastic.
    Thank you again for making me understand how the lithium burns these older ones!

• Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Preach it brother..nice words, true words.
    People are awesome!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. This site is invaluable!! :upyeah::upyeah::):motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Yeah, it's alright I suppose :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It is an awesome resource and a place to find SO much, and I reckon from some of the wierd shit political views we might have our next PM coming from here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. @chizel :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Not quite who I had in mind.... but just for once in my life I will remain discreet. We are all entitled to our opinions whether some come from another planet or not.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You got a Nuke, as that's what he would have wanted.

11. He's a real hero that Elsie

12. Thanks :kissing_heart:

13. btw, where is he??

• Like Like x 1
  14. Working... probably off grid

15. AWOL after this weeks work - probably drunk or working the weekend :):upyeah:

16. Knowing him,
    Both

17. True :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. i'm dunk but i'm still here

• Like Like x 1
  19. He has probably set fire to his phone or put a nail gun through it :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information