1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks To Mike And Friends From Lucy & Stef

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by NOODS X, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Hi .
    I apologise for posting if I’ve done incorrectly but we wished to pay tribute to Mike and his fantastic Ducati members for their kind support for our Papa N .

I’m Lucy who hopefully soon will become Papa N’s Daughter in Law when Stefan and I get married in the near future, a day that I’m so excitedly looking forward too for Stef is a true gentleman and such a caring loverly man . I can see where he gets it from, yes, his Papa. Apparently Stef’s Grandfather was exactly the same, a caring kind perfectionist and like his offspring West Ham Crazy! I sadly never got to meet Stef’s Grandfather but Stef tells me such wonderful things about him.

I’m so proud to be part of this family and especially being able to spend time with Papa N with his funny stories his love of music football and all things Italian and his endless quest to do better as he puts it, each And everyday.

Stef’s had to return home for work reasons but I’ve stayed to help look after his Dad this week.

We took some goodies to the ICU unit today to say thank you for all their incredible work in giving us a chance to be with this wonderful funny and clever Guy for hopefully a long time yet . Papa N stayed in bed at home Obviously with Kay Mrs N

We finally got to have a chat with his assigned ICU Nurse Claire who was wonderful and spoke about our Noods with such admiration for him even though at times he was a naughty patient.

She admitted that they felt he wasn’t going to make it saying she felt like Initially there was little will for life and yet when all those messages came in for him it’s like he didn’t wish to let anyone down and so began one incredible fight back.

She asked if we were aware of his incredible life journey? We told her yes, we knew everything he kept nothing from us. She asked if we had heard of the South West enquiry ( I think that’s what she called it ) and said More specifically to your Fathers contribution to it. We hadn’t but knew Papa had done lots of voluntary work in helping others who also had been abused etc.

She went on to tell us no real content as such but enlighten to us one recorded quote that the 3 therapists were astounded with from Dad and decided to publish it for they were astounded by his reply and had never heard such positivity from such a brave guy who had somehow survived such a horrific childhood .

Apparently He was asked by one of the therapists via a group phone call what would he do if he came across one of his abusers now? Now that he’s a grown man so to speak. They expected a violent reaction of some kind as a reply however His answer Which astounded them was, I’d Cross the road and ask him if he knew who I was, if the said person didn’t remember for some reason I would remind them and perhaps shock them by showing some of the visible scars they had left me with. After that, I’d say thank you, thank you for what you did for me. The Therapists were visibly shocked by Dads response, so much so that they repeated it by saying, you’d say thank you to him? Yes Dad said, I’d thank him for choosing me instead of someone else to be dealt their anger for it spared someone else and I’d thank them for probably defining me as a person, for I might have grown up to have been a trouble maker myself, a nasty person, but thanks to what you And your friends did to me I knew I had to care for others, bring smiles to people rather than pain and sorrow, so thank you.

She then found the published report which she had read when Pops was longtime sleeping and showed it to us. One of the therapists had written, today I had the honour of meeting one of the most incredible human beings ever, once in a lifetime.

You have stood up for our Papa, your Noods and now we say, we have had the honour of sharing some time and thoughts with such a tremendous group of Ducati loving human beings, beings who have combined as one to encourage the continuation of life for one, and the continuation of happiness for so many more lucky souls, for many many times more.

We simply cannot thank you enough. You are all incredible .

Written By Lucy as per request by Stef.
    S&L X
    Ps. Pops is doing well, weak and sleepy but beginning to eat more and taking a few steps albeit slowly as instructed .

• Love You Love You x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Wow.

Courageous email, and we've had a lot of negativity lately in the world and on here and it's great to read something so positive and uplifting. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so open-heartedly. @NOODS X is adored by so many on the forum, wishing him a strong comeback. x

#2 Fire3500, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. You are joining a very cool and loving family Lucy - best wishes to the future for you all :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Best wishes to you all

5. I personally don't know Noods, but having read his posts over the last few years, he comes across as a person with a very strong moral compass and certainly someone I would take time to buy a drink for and chat with about Ducatis, if I had the pleasure of meeting him face to face......However, I will be useless in a chat about football!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. What a wonderful piece, there is no doubt his history has made him the man he is today.
    The support from this group is all we can do, in some small way we can help, he is an amazing human being and deserves as much support as possible.
    We continue to send our love to him and his family, I'm sure you will all come back stronger than ever.
    Mike

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information