1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Actual Rules-riding Our Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, May 6, 2020.

1. morons are the scum bags who ignore distancing and meet as before.
    I dont believe anything in the papers, they are all lying bstrds, apart from bbc news, thats half true.

2. All very true

3. I don’t believe the BBC

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. that’s funny!

5. Is fishing classed as excercise now?! I thought you just sat on your arse all day lols

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. the cost to investigate an RTA involving a death is over £1million

7. Message from Chief Constable Nick Adderley - NPCC Lead for Motorcycling
    Main article content
    Navigation

News

10:18 22/05/2020

As the National Police Chief's Council lead for Motorcycling and BikeSafe, I thought this would be a timely reminder to explain certain restriction that exist between England and the rest of the UK.

I would want to make the point that as a keen motorcyclist myself, the temptation to start mass ride outs and social events on the motorcycling scene is huge, however the threat still posed by COVID-19 must be respected and understood to ensure that we all comply with the guidance and regulations issued by the devolved administrations.

The lives of our families, friends and all who enjoy the UK as a place to live, work or visit are still in the balance.

For clarity -

Group rides are still not allowed but if you’re in England you can ride with one friend under the following conditions:

UK government advice applicable to England only permits exercise alone, between members of the same household or with one person from another household if you stay at least two metres apart at all times.

All of us in the biker community need to respect that position and it’s now time to step-up and show how we are part of the solution and not the problem when it comes to containing the virus as well as protecting the NHS.

To that end, especially with the Bank Holiday weekend approaching I urge every one of us to remember and abide by the following advice:

• Maintain social distancing at all times
    • Check your bike over carefully when it’s been unused for a while
    • If you didn't renew your bike insurance policy during lock down, do it now
    • Try to avoid rush hour if possible
    • The government has clarified that you can ride to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance so long as you respect social distancing guidance while you are there but it’s important that we don’t see large groups of motorcyclists congregating at single spots
    • You are an ambassador for motorcycling – ride with care, consideration and safety in mind
    • Be respectful of all other road users
    • Do not ride across UK borders unless necessary
    Roads Policing teams across the UK will be out in significant numbers over the coming days and weeks and while there is a strong emphasis on engaging with motorists, if circumstances show a clear disregard for the restrictions, enforcement will be an option.

As a police motorcyclist and an avid leisure rider, I know bikers across the UK are, in the main, law-abiding, socially responsible and terrific supporters of our emergency services. I now call on that vast majority to exercise patience and understanding which will allow the wider public to see the biking community as one that can be held in high regard and trusted to do the right thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. don't fall off

9. I trust the Welsh & Scottish resident bikers will not be abusing our hospitality by coming over our boarder for their fixes seeing as how we can't go over there ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Unfortunately, this is the same guy who wanted speed cameras set to zero tolerance with automatic fines & who tweeted a very insensitive thing about Harry Dunn’s parents.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Exactly, so a total cock-end....

12. Been out the last 2 days, yesterday around Worcestershire and today down to the Cotswolds, loads of bikes about (cars and people too I might add) didn’t see any Rozzers anywhere, didn’t see anyone riding like a Twat either, all good. Wanted to follow a cyclist, she was very nice in her Lycra, thought I might get classed as a perv so over took her:blush: Saw a Penigale, some Multistradas but only one other supersport, must be a rare bike :thinkingface::blush:

Unfortunately my mate made a severe school boy error, thought his front wheel was up against the kerb, it wasn’t, bike rolled of its stand:weary_face: broke the clutch lever, foot peg and put a small ding in his tank:mad: Kwak Z900RS, he’s gutted.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information