1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Answer To All Your Steering Damper In The Way Of A Phone Mount Issues

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RexDangerVest, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Sorry If everyone knows about this but I only saw it once in all the videos and research I did.
    So I ended up with a great deal I think. A 2014 1200s with a Steering Damper...

I ended up with a 1 inch ball mount that attaches to the fuel filler opening... with a short extension and a Quadlock ball mount. I am just over six foot. The pic I took (sorry, after dark when i arrived at my girls house and used her phone...) is the same view I see while riding. It sits just below the TFT display. It can be adjusted in every direction... You can also get a longer Ball to ball piece if needed.
    Naturally with a Ram mount you can get a ball mount for almost anything.

https://www.quadlockcase.com/collec...ycle-kit-all-pixel-devices?&device=Pixel 3 XL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E43S31Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Composite-Double-Socket-1-Inch/dp/B0074WMQLS?ref_=ast_sto_dp

No, my phone is Not that huge... Just the perspective with her phone...
    But it does sit just below the Ducati display

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rex

2. Mmm. Not seen that set up before. Looks good. I will research that arm bracket that fits to the tank filler to see if anyone here in UK does it. Looks better than my current set up. Thanks for posting...

3. Careful with quad lock and any iPhones that are “x” or newer.
    The vibrations screw the camera up , it’s happened to mine three times now and most of the folk I ride with who have an iPhone/quad lock combo.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I'd use a stainless steel ziptie or locking wire so the kit cannot be whipped off!

5. I actually saw it on a video from someone over there. I cannot remember who. But I bet it was on a Ducati. There are 2 sizes. For the Monster, Maybe other Ducatis? here is the measurement you need. If yours is the same then the link I sent is correct. 3.25 inches across.

[​IMG]

I did hear that. I didnt know it was only Iphones though. I never use Apple though. Thanks for the warning anyway.
    My view

[​IMG]

Rex

6. It was Back2thebike

Rex

7. Thanks again guys. Useful info....

8. It does block the key even more than the damper, but worth it. I have over 200 miles with it now. solid

Rex

9. Screw the camera up in what way? I’ve had an X in a Quadlock on the bike for over two years. No problems I’m aware of.

10. It struggles to focus automatically. My latest one (iPhone 11 pro) is making a Whirring noise from the camera whilst trying to video like it’s constantly zooming in and out.

11. Admittedly I did not check the links above yet...
    But do you guys know if it ruins cameras even if you are not using them?
    I already thought I heard it wasn't just Apple... But I never read where it was specifically because the camera was "IN USE" or Not that made a difference.
    I will not be videoing from my Pixel 3xl. But I hope it doesn't hurt my camera.

Maybe my tanks setup isn't as rigid, or maybe the tank doesn't vibrate as much, or at the same frequency and my camera will be spared.

I do have another phone. Maybe I will use that??

Rex

12. Plenty more miles. My camera is fine. I do not use it while riding.
    I have a pixel 3xl

Rex

Do Not Sell My Personal Information