1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bhs Scandal Rolls On

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Aug 22, 2017.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. I concur

2. Has Green paid back the money he promised to repay to the pension fund , l thought pension funds were protected and regulated since Maxwell

3. Clever clogs sir-green tried the act of 'profits privatized losses socialized'.

We live in a two tier society...or experiment. One in which my brief rant & moan will make no difference other than to cause prehaps a reader too suffer cognitive dissonance. The workers & bulk of employers pay taxes into a system designed too help finance the overall project aka (also known as) society. However the elite & uber-rich are not subjected to the same level of rules & ordered stance. They basically willfully & of course legally avoid paying their fair-due's because the people at the top have always manufactured ways of avoiding suffering the inconvenience of reduced financial payments by way of not contributing to a system they are not apart of. The magically method of transferring profits from companies to far off lands is pure genius & then the usual 'infrastructure & redesign' of said business can be used as a declared tax loss. You get the picture & most likely know more than me.

It's quite logical if we place ourselves within the sphere of been ridiculously rich. Why would you want to help a society who's workers despise & resent you.

The apathy the elite has towards society/nations is only proven by how tax-havens are designed to be so convoluted. That they are impossible to dissect & that was what the E.U. was planning before the UK voted to leave. I'm discouraged at how this avoidance culture is destroying moral trust.

4. Chappell was a relative small time wanabee hustler and opportunist. When Mike Ashley wanted to buy BHS, Green knew Ashley would have spotted what Green had done with the company, property portfolio and pensions so took the company into receivership rather than be found out. The trouble was, Chappell don't know how to play the game properly and everyone saw what was going on. Chappell was always Greens fall guy but serves himself right as he was a wrong un too

5. Chappell has been described as a buffoon but he's a buffoon who lives in a 10 bedroom medieval manor house with a Bentley and two Range Rovers outside and £10 million in the bank. Nice buffoonery if you can get it.
    Admittedly the house is rented (I've done quite a lot of work on it - for the owner so I got paid. When it came out that Chappell had bought BHS for £1, the landlord's response was "I wonder who lent him the £1"). How long he'll be able to maintain his lifestyle remains to be seen.
    Either he's got the luck of the Devil and a gift for landing on his feet or he's not as dim as people think. A bit of both I suspect. He's a personable bloke who I'd have a pint with but I'd draw the line at doing business. Unscrupulous? Definitely. Criminal? Not so sure. He may be that stupid or he may be playing a very long game. It will be interesting to see how this pans out

But he's definitely a fall guy all right. Not only for Green but for the Government, well successive governments, because so much of the chicanery in this affair was conducted within the law under the noses of politicians and they are desperate to nail somebody for something to to keep the spotlight off themselves. I suspect he's named his price and cheerfully accepted this role and all the flak and grief that comes with it and I'd be very surprised if his "fee" is ever recovered.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information