1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Change

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Joseph, Nov 14, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello everyone

I'm completely new around here so hello everyone.

I have a huge dilemma. Iam hoping you can help out. Currently I have a harley-davidson 48 and a scooter. I use the scooter for my daily commute. Recently I saw ducati multistrada 2013 30k km on the clock. I always been harley lover yet I can't enjoy the bike since I fear of dropping it in bad weather, leave outside overnight there is becoming rare to go for a ride. Recently I started to consider the change to multistrada mentioned above. Any suggestions? If I should do it or not pro and con anyone else used to ride harley?

My harley-davidson is 2013 bid modified and less then 20k on the clock... More or else both bike should be around same value therefor incase of exchange I won't be forking out lot of money or none at all

Thanks beforehand for your time and reply.

J

2. Welcome Joseph, I've never had a Harley or Multi but you will notice your arm joints getting stretched as a comparison :D

3. I am nearly 6ft to be honest that's should not be a problem :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Hee hee, I meant the power increase from the Multi compared to a Harley ;)

5. If you use the scooter for a short distance commute, keep the scooter. That leaves you with a bike that is only needed for the occasional ride and summer season, both will be fine but if you fancy the multi, have a look in the multi section to look for tips and hints about each model and things to look out for. Welcome

6. welcome and enjoy

7. welcome joseph'

I voted change before reading your message. As I've always welcomed changes in my life. Sometimes outside of my own control. As long as you can afford to buy/run/service the bike go enjoy it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the Forum Joseph:upyeah:.

Your avatar says you're based in Malta, a fine sunny spot all year round. Although the Multistrada is a very capable all round bike, unless you are planning on doing some touring on mainland Europe (or even Africa) rather than around Malta then, if it were me, I'd consider some other things such as a Monster, a Scrambler or even a Streetfighter. Coming from the Harley you'll probably feel more at home on the Scrambler or Monster.

ps. I too have a scooter - A DucatDoodlePug :D any chance to promote it and I will take it.
    IMG_1531.jpg

#8 West Cork Paul, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shameless : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Was that aimed at me promoting the DucatDoodlePug or me suggesting a Scrambler?:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  11. You can lap Malta twice in the same time it takes you to get the Harley into third gear :p

plus you'll get back your street cred...….

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome malteaser Dude :cool::upyeah:

13. The DucatDoodlePug, but thinking about it - both :bucktooth: (I think it is quite cool really ;))

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Welcome Dave

15. Thought this post was about going from he to she...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Welcome to the forum

17. Hello thanks for the welcome but still at square 1 whether to change or not :) regards Malta yes its more or less 1m square yet I might travel to sicily/italy or north Africa

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do know a guy who has had many Harleys an other old British bikes, he said he liked the look of the Ducati Diavel and went for a test ride.

He didn't buy it as he said it was too fast/scary, I think you will find a big increase in power which yo will need to get used to - but I went from a Yamaha 125 to a 900 Monster so it is possible :D

Best advice I ever got was 'buy what you want and learn to ride it'

Good luck with your choice :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information