1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bike You Covet ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Robarano, May 9, 2020.

1. These type of threads seem to be popular, so here's another.

The Bike You Covet. :)

The bike that is now unobtainable, out of financial reach without a lottery win, the one that you shouldn't have sold, the one you missed the boat on.

I'm not talking about Britten's or GP bikes. It's more about bikes that were on general sale in your lifetime but you think you'll not own.

I'll start.

The Honda RC45.

I've nearly bought one of these twice in my life when they were affordable.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. 749s nero..... :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
    i kinda miss that bike.....

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Norton F1

I'd just want to try one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Honda RC30

• Like Like x 2
  5. Guzzi Lemon Mk 1.
    Laverda 1200 Mirage.
    Ducati Darmah.
    Kawasaki H1e 500.
    Yamaha XT 500.

Looked at a few over the years, but always thought they were a bit too dear so waited for a better one. Still won’t pay what people are asking for them so looks like I won’t be getting them!

6. Seem to be popular as in there's a lot of such threads? You started them all :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. This

64A47FE3-5C2F-483C-AAF2-81D0D65BD123.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. BIMOTA SB8R-S
    Sort of led on from wanted a TL1000 and not finding a nice one , When I bought the Hyper I did have SB8 standard spec in the running too but I really wanted the carbon fibre front

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Haden heritage slice toaster. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

#11 Robarano, May 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I was lucky enough to ride one of these, way back when, my friend trusted me to pick it up from the place that had done the Castrol paint scheme, it was the most confidence inspiring machine I’ve ever thrown my leg over.
    Other machines that had inspirational handling were an RG500 that someone wanted me to do the crank seals on (took the fairings off, realised it had more than one crank, bottled doing it, told him to ride it to a shop and wipe the oil from the exhausts before trading it in) and a TDR250.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And both threads start with...........
    • I'll kick you off
    • Let's start off
    That intimates you are asking for members to continue the thread and list shit or cool bikes. C'mon Hexie. Must try harder.....2/10 :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. If finances and space permitted then either or both of these would probably be part of the stable.
    ADF75E48-CDFD-4406-869B-6FEBBB894FAD.jpeg ED4D9D46-355A-43CB-9D5F-E08B4C7A4473.jpeg
    Major selling point for me is that they both have a V2 lump.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The DB8 is a nice looking bike. :) :upyeah:

14. I have 3 that I would buy tomorrow if I could.

DESMO RR
    Panigale R
    1299 Superleggera

• Like Like x 1
  15. I wouldn’t know where to start.

my mindset has changed a bit over the years on this. I used to love a garage queen and my bikes were always tidier than new.

but these days I look at most sexy bikes and just think it’s too nice for the track bumming I’m going to give it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I would track them all, just with varying levels of red mist.

17. It quite clearly has to be this again...

6a7e60bbaa202559dab04d8a57d16d4e.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Desmosedici. End of.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information