1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. I found keep moving around post ride to be better than flopping down on the sofa on long/intense rides. Massage is the better option but gets pricey only ever took massages when my leg muscles seem to turn to concrete.

Stretching certainly helps as would Yoga/Pilates, sometimes I’d go out the next day and just ‘spin’ my legs up in a low effort high cadence ride.

If you have access to rollers that’s a good option to spin your legs up in the garage, it’s what the pro’s do too especially those who dope……

Ice cream is good post ride but will do absolutely nothing for your legs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I meant foam roller, which is what I've been using post ride which helps a lot. Getting some knee discomfort recently, nothing bent or twisted, they just know they've had a day out...:D

3. I know the rollers you were referring to.

The knee problem might be saddle height related, you could try a bike fitting but the prices for some of these is eye watering expensive. I had a cheap £35 bike fitting that was excellent as proven by a £175 quoted one that couldn’t find any fault and so was not charged.

Do you ride with a high cadence or low cadence, this could be a factor too or it could just be old fart syndrome?

4. I do have a gym/weight training approach to cycling , namely, no pain, no gain, harder is better...However, I have recently been applying brain rather than balls and going up a further cog on the back to ease the torque on the legs/knees when available.
    Old fart syndrome is defo a factor :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I always eat bananas, post exercise. It really helps with leg cramps, which I used to get a lot of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Osteopath visit for me tomorrow, as waving the white flag. Last visit was around 20 years ago, never any benefit and over a k spent but this is the best option so giving it a try again. I think most are aware - this doesn't necessarily mean manipulation, will let you know how I get on, benefit might be weeks or months away.

7. Fingers crossed it works for you Chris.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Gregory Peck?
    Good luck and keep us posted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Getting bored with punctures, new bike has had more punctures in 500 miles than the last one did in probably 2,000

10. yes my Gregory Peck :) Thanks Gary. Totally bored with walking now and really missing the cycling.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hope you get yourself fixed bud.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Tuesday 20

IMG_20220607_180157.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Not been posting on here for a while - training hasn't been going well - short weekly totals as things kept getting in the way other priories etc etc.
    My aim for the year was just to ride round the 24hr race then I got booked for a run of shows including that night.. You can't say no or they find someone else and you never get asked again.
    So no focus, life getting in the way and just not really wanting to ride the bike.
    Then today I got on my singlespeed as the gears on my gravel bike had shat themselves....
    And I found my mojo !
    Great fun ride today - tyres squirming and sliding through corners - attack mode on some downhill sections etc etc - ace fun. Guess I'm back enjoying it again!

• Like Like x 5
  14. We had Moses for parting the seas back in the day and now we've doggy parting the landscape.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Magnesium tablets eh...

I hope you had them fully NDT'd before consumption!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Steady 30ish this morning, before the wind picked up.

DE688871-7D9F-4F4F-9F05-5A5FB003DCD0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Nice warm evening pedal.

IMG_20220613_175707.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Cheeky day off.
    56 sunny miles with a warm breeze up ones Lycra :)
    EECFBB34-D578-4FF0-B8DB-5107D9E9A79E.jpeg
    POP.jpeg

EC85280C-1491-4C61-9DCE-02257C649457.jpeg

#2578 Nelson, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  19. 0D2F1387-9841-4A9D-BFCD-73DCD51C7B01.jpeg

The Anchor in Pyrford
    Long memories with this pub, just been refurbished* but no Chef for 3 days and they don't accept cash payment..
    *after one massive refurbishment, the pub was officially opened by Bruce Forsyth who arrived by helicopter.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Last week's bicycle has an engine...
    IMG_20220604_143656.jpg

This week's bicycle has me powering it....
    IMG_20220615_090531.jpg

Been on the MTB all week as I've had neck end of a fortnight off the peddles, you can't go too long otherwise it's a painful return. Legs feel good though and good to crank

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information