1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Cases like these are good and bad, will send a warning shot, but probably cause more friction
    I'm sure we've all got horror stories. Last weekend I was signaling to turn right (hand out in the middle of the rd)and some bell end still overtook me. :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Made the news though which for me is a positive.

He wasn’t being stubborn as such he appears to consider in his opinion it wasn’t a close pass, even though there is a set minimum distance. He tried to prove this in court. Had he won then close passes would be the norm for a few more motorists.

#2584 DucatiScud, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  3. Not sure the friction level can get worse…. Got plenty but doubt it’ll make too much difference.

o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pretty fu8king stupid behavior when many bicyclists are armed with cameras. I even considered getting one, just can't find one with a long enough battery life.

5. Cycling Mikey on YouTube appears to have a camera with never ending battery life….

6. IFAIK 4 hrs is the max, running 10 minute loops

7. It may out live him! :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I used to use a helmet camera all the time - but realised I was spending time editing videos and it was making me angry rather than enjoying my ride..
    It's shit where you think you HAVE to have a camera to prove that someone was driving like a cock but when it is your word against theres...

Anyway - this weeks rides...
    I've been very restricted on time which has meant trying to force distance in in less time - which normally would be fine but not on my singlespeed with 24 hour race gearing (normally run 32/17 but race gearing is 32/20) - I spin out at about 17mph so to keep my average up I've been spinning my legs a lot faster for sustained periods than is desirable...
    Tonight though I have two hours and tomorrow I have three hours to ride so I can have a nice leisurely ride which is good as my legs are proper f^cked... :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. I know where you're coming from, you don't want to become one of 'those' people.
    However, it's difficult to remain calm when you've been spat at and had litter thrown at you...:mad:

clear.png

10. right outcome for me, as no mitigating circumstances that I could see. That pass gap is a regular thing here, probably one in 10 easily because of the narrow roads but it is a bit crazy. It's when a motorist can clearly see nothing is coming the other way but still chooses to narrowly miss you, this is the bit that gets me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep - no reason not to stay as far away as possible..
    I tend to find that when I'm driving and the line of cars I'm in catch up with a cyclist I can wait as long as I want behind the cyclist till I get a good gap to go as wide as possible but invariably I will still catch up with the line of cars that gave them much less room...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yup, I had a van shave my arm as it passed and bugger all coming the other way. Honking away on his horn as well.
    W@nker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Was heading out on my ride tonight - I was feeling ok, no time constraints so I'd decided to put some extra miles in - that was until I met this guy !
    He was sat on a fence by a rest area - I thought he would run off but he didn't started stroking him, he started purring and hopped down onto a bench, I sat down and he promptly climbed on my lap and curled up for ten mins
    So no extra miles but who cares !! ginger_cat_heritagetrail.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Had me a a proper bike fit yesterday. Chap that did it is also an osteopath, apparently I have a 'cam hip', among other wonky bits...:astonished:
    Very thorough 2hr job and the bike feels a lot better, recommended!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Managed a cautious 12 miles on the cheatmobile, but ideally need to fit the second extension to the handlebars when it arrives.
    A first for me: – got buzzed by a motorcyclist on a B Road on approach to M25, would say he passed me with about a foot to spare but didn’t need to be that close, thank you for that, fellow two wheeled rider. I think it was a small Kawasaki.

0BB309D8-9DE1-484E-BC0F-200AC61D620C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. I was at Snetterton on Tuesday, speaking with a guy who does LOADS of cycling, and he did make me aware of some things that I'm ashamed to admit I didn't know, like the legal minimum pass distance, and how he feels that justifies some of the two a breast riding. I didn't 'argue' as I can see both sides of the coin, but he did address (to some extent) one of my fears around closing speeds, by saying that he uses a radar module which gives him all sorts of fancy info as to where and how fast traffic is approaching etc, which seems like a great idea.

My issue locally, is just sheer number of road cycling and the impact that has on traffic. I did a local B road the for 20 miles the other week and counted 30 cyclists, so gets to a point where nearly every corner there is a bike in the road, which for both our safety isn't great.

Another reason why I gave up riding sportsbikes on the road, the roads are just far too busy and congested these days

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Got me a day off in the solstice sun :cool:
    55 miles up in the Wolds.
    Proper gorge.
    537116EE-75C3-44A9-B049-F44BF4060166.jpeg 8C67BBD3-A6BE-4978-B09C-B617863B02EE.jpeg AF7B6982-5D6D-43A0-AB1A-CED82FF6D2AB.jpeg 117C5EE0-DBA1-43C6-803C-D770911EA4B2.jpeg 79784191-6C1A-4C3B-B11F-92176974DD7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Gorgeous evening for some graveling.

received_549286613520262.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information