1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Just checking in on this thread.
    Committed cyclist here - commute to from work (6 miles in, 20+ miles home)
    Currently mainly using my gravel bike but normally ride SingleSpeed - recent fun on the gravelly was finding I'd worn the back tyre that much that the canvas was showing... Looked in the garage and all I had was a set of cyclocross tyres... Fitting them was not my best idea and has led to lots of slides - the tyres do not grip well on wet concrete or tarmac, or dry tarmac, or wet leaves, or dry concrete - well pretty much they have no grip on anything except for mud...
    But I'm not changing them until they wear out. I paid my money I'm going to get my money's worth....

#1921 =^..^=, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Extended one of my regulars, got to the K&A Canal. 48 miles, mostly off road, which is nice :)

IMG_1271.JPEG IMG_1273.JPEG
    [/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Do you forget your way home?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Let me just say "don't buy a Chinese knock off sat nav..."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Happened upon this architectural gem....

IMG_20211121_122725.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Who needs a sleepy Cotswolds village or the wilds of the Yorkshire Moors when there’s this on my doorstep?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Out this aft over the moors. Cold but dry and mud free, good riding today....
    IMG_20211121_140410.jpg IMG_20211121_140414.jpg IMG_20211121_140423.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Crikey R.. that looks like a filmset type of sham - is it the real deal?

@RickyX ?

#1929 Chris, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  9. Firs sub zero commute to work of this winter. Last week it was about 6 or 7 degrees heading to work so totally unprepared for -1.6 degrees this morning.. Wish I'd put my winter gloves on !

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yep, bitterly cold this morning de icing my windscreen took an age for the van to warm up…..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Genuine LOL !!!

12. Nerdy cycle route thing on 4 tonight 10 pm :bucktooth:
    What have i become...:(

clear.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Been bloody cold up here today as well, ..but woefully lacking in common sense as I am :rolleyes: … let’s go for a MTB ride :D:upyeah:

Does anyone else have a start to a ride like this ….

F37936A8-1F90-4B30-9979-2FAB05CE2A48.jpeg

Straight out from the car with cold legs, ..650 ft of climbing in the first mile :weary_face: ..shock to the system and blowing outta my arse already :scream: !

The view for all my efforts…

0E75B075-3E0E-427B-B430-27630BC2D616.jpeg

Looking back towards Ingleby Greenhow and Bankfoot where the climb starts, this gets me up onto the Cleveland way heading towards Bloworth crossing.
    In the distance you can see Captain Cooks monument and the crooked top of Roseberry topping…
    The plus side is I get to hurtle down this like a mad thing on the way back :D:upyeah:

Wierd , really thick top cloud today…

2DD9E225-3E12-428D-9FC1-0C093091138C.jpeg

This was certainly keeping the temperature really cool..

Arrived at Bloworth crossing,….absolutely bloody freezing :cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

CAA78CB7-F4DE-4716-960A-B1CFB058A630.jpeg

2.4 degrees C…and that’s without the wind chill added in , so bloody cold !
    2 minutes after this, the iPhone packed in due to the cold, hence not many scenery pics and 5 minutes after that, the Garmin packed in as well :rolleyes: !..these battery devices just don’t like being cold !
    I knew where I was going anyhow, but it just stopped recording my miles for a while :confused:

Crack on I thought, ..get to Rosedale for a nice hot coffee and a cake to get warmed up …

Rosedale tearoom…

896A1B14-02B2-48AE-8B2C-E19ACFC1D4AB.jpeg

I mean really??..how do they make any money just opening Saturday and Sunday :thinkingface:

Just as well I’d brought some scran of my own…

2965F0D4-FD15-4E47-86C7-7D68D386D510.jpeg

Frothy coffee, flapjack, gel and my special energy sarnies…
    I’ll let you in on the secret, I’m getting to that age where I need to pass the knowledge on, a bit like Master Yoda :joy::joy: ..they seem to work for me :D
    Toast two slices of whole meal or granary bread and let them go cold,…then thicken one half with peanut butter,…and on the other half mash a load of banana onto it, then clag the two halves together, the toast makes a pretty strong sarnie, it travels well and it’s packed with carbs,..puts hairs on yer chest ;):joy:

I’m still wondering about this??

6B05D69B-709C-4455-BA89-F032B0991927.jpeg

Never got around to eating it, but what the hell kind of flavour is “ Campfire S’mores” eh???

The Habit takes a breather..

0941A724-33E4-44CC-835E-7C018E49AE62.jpeg

All the time I was eating I’d had the iPhone and the Garmin up my jumper trying to revive the cold batteries,..good news was it worked :upyeah: and getting a little bit of “ belly-button “ fluff on the Garmin screen was a small price to pay :D :joy:

Fuelled up, I headed back out of Rosedale..

FF2C8E66-C1E1-43B6-B647-746C26214179.jpeg

Stunning view from the far end of the valley , just before I cross back over Blakey ridge.

Back at the car, none too soon..

641AC7BD-189B-45AA-8F7C-E18B01EEF6A6.jpeg

Fab but rather cool day out :cold_sweat:

Worked my balls off today,..that’s them in the fruit bow :scream:

B83281ED-3FF5-4BE8-9CEB-7FD8E189F0E8.jpeg

And I felt that I’d really earned my weekly can of Guinness @evoarrow ;):joy::joy:

Laters people, keep pedalling :upyeah:

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Before heading out on my pushbike today I took the ducati to the local body guys for a chat about what I want doing to it - spotted an orange and a santa cruz on bike stands so spent longer talking about pushbikes than the paintjob for the ducati !!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I owned a Orange Clockwork back in the day great bike, purchased from Neil Walton cycles in Didsbury for £860.

• Like Like x 1
  16. They just couldn't resist a clockwork orange gag could they ???

17. They couldn’t.

Cove were a good brand for a name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. gotta love a stiffie and a handjob...

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Best part of the day. That's good going. A bit cold but lovely day for it

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information