1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. That Guinness didn’t touch the sides ;):D:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nice pedal tonight. No wind and the right amount of clothes for the cold.

IMG_20211124_180738.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  3. E-bikes. Jesus wept, how much for a bit of lithium and barely any cycle material?! Makes motorcycles and super cars look cheap!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. A0653946-3EF5-44AD-AA69-ABE34B462F3F.jpeg 510BE9FF-2C1A-448F-8B15-1245B315BD5F.jpeg

Managed around 25 miles on my lovely free skip bike. I treated it to a suspension seat so combined with forks set to "soft" it was a bit like riding a bouncy castle but certainly helped back/neck. It currently has those massive balloon tires so took me a while to get used to the fact that I wouldn’t be getting up to much speed but once settled down, was a great experience. I’ve also set the handlebars to neck saver mode and that seems to be helping as well.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Nipped out to the next village where they have a great butcher to get some locally made bangers.
    Effin freezing out there today!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. High end cycles make all cars and motorcycles look cheap always have done, eBikes are no different.

Can get an electric 125 equivalent for about 4K, or a Suron for a same kind of money.

7. You do get out and about mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. These rent what I’d call high end. They seem kind of £1000 Halfords bikes, add a motor and it starts at £4k! Wtf?!

9. Not sure what model you mean.
    The ebikes I seen for 4k have a lot of tech in them, if you won't like it, then get pedling grumps...:D

10. Was looking partly to get my wife to use a bike. Couldn’t believe how much Cookster said they cost so looked them up…entry level Evans is about 3k. Entry level bike Halfords and 300 lol

11. No brainer...:upyeah:

12. Got twenty odd miles in this morning, all sub zero but great riding, no ice, just crunchy, all off road as usual, was safer off road than slippy tarmac...
    IMG_20211125_093733.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Got woken up at 6am this morning by driving rain on the window.
    Thought "I'll drive to work" - then remembered that the other evening the van had an oil warning light and wasn't going anywhere till I'd added the 5w40 that I haven't bought yet.
    Managed to miss the worst of the weather and actually had quite a pleasant commute to work :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Agree with this, been riding pushy’s for decades and just can’t believe the price of them now..
    One of my mates is into his Emtb’s and a friend of his has just bought a new updated Specialized Levo or something, top of the range one,…..£13,500 :astonished::astonished::astonished: like wtf!!

I just think the price/ value equation is totally skewed on these things, put it like this, I bought a brand spanking new tour bike/ workhorse last year, the updated Ninja 1000SX…

34908876-129D-4C73-ABBE-7BC813B0A566.jpeg

I added both option packs, touring and sports pack at £1,000 each, panniers, Akrapovic loads of other stuff, also added usb and power sockets and extended the warranty to 4 years and in total on the road with a years tax it cost me,….£13,150
    Now somebody explain to me how an electric Ebike is worth more than this, eh? :thinkingface:
    Just doesn’t add up to me somehow :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I was advertising my blackbird a couple of months back and some of my MTB riding mates were saying the same - 4k for a 170mph hypertourer or a mid range EMTB...

16. I enjoy this thread and going about on your travels with you all
    Sceneries are stunning !!!!
    Thanks guys for bringing the outdoors in cheers me up each day

• Like Like x 5
  17. If it's still light when I head home I'll grab you some photos :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Envious that you may travel home in daylight. My daytime riding is now restricted to weekends, I won't get home before sunset again until the clocks change in March. 70411F75-CFA7-4160-855A-B543F18776F8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  19. It dind't happen - I ended up working a bit late and that was that...

• Love You Love You x 1
  20. did about 12 miles at 7.30 am but didn't take phone/camera stupidly and missed some lovely sunrise pictures. Might do the same tomorrow if weather similar.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information