1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cyclists/ebikers

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020.

1. A very windy Tuesday 20. Didn't really enjoy it. Legs ached pedalling to work this morning.

2. Not been the greatest week for peddling, been on the turbo for a couple of sessions.

Managed 20 odd miles this morning though, felt good to be out

3. Have to grab those weather windows...:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Can you do us a sketch @Chris?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weather up here has been utter sheeeite today :splat: :( so I thought I’d sneak off to the gym, no spin classes on today so I just had the whole room to myself, even had to switch the lights on when I went in.
    Headphones in and gave it a bit of a dig for 45 mins…

Billy no-mates sweating like a pig :oops:
    E1051FED-BE52-48BE-B08F-38CF7F1C0E9A.jpeg

It certainly gets the old legs going, fixed wheel bikes, no freewheel :triumph: ..
    C05D8961-5D8E-4B65-AFF9-B8FFEABF9AE7.jpeg

End of session figures..
    8D22D9C1-01D3-453E-AA8C-4485092453EF.jpeg

Getting olds a bitch, I just can’t knock the figures out I used to, not so long ago I could get comfortably over 1,000 watts :idea: in a sprint :rolleyes:
    @DucatiScud …I lied about the 40 watt bulb thing,..but not by much :joy:!

Strangely enjoyed being in there on my own, even worked out how to connect my phone to the sound system, so next time I’ll have my Des O’Connor greatest hits blasting ;) :joy::joy::upyeah: and the Disco ball on :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. got my 10 in but no memorable images. Sporadic icy rain for the last third but not enough to turn to sleet.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Well done :upyeah: , I’m a right lightweight when the weather turns bad, as soon as the temperature drops into single figures and the salt goes on the road, I just don’t want to know :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Same here, I limit mine to finding a spot out the wind,but in the sun where I can sit and photosynthesis for a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nice one Chris!
    I got one in too really didn’t want to go but once I got out it was enjoyable - no rain but windy and cold. No puncture today!

• Like Like x 2
  10. I certainly can’t knock out numbers from my triathlon days, just happy enough that I can still ride and still enjoy it when I get chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Again we’ll done Chris, gets harder as the temperature drops to get out the front door, rode over to my mates on my 790 yesterday and it was bloody freezing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well done to you Poucher, back hand compliment maybe, but how you manage to average over 21 mph for 16 miles is incredible considering apparent absence of spring-chicken-ness. :upyeah:it's great that you can carry on indoors as well, I might try and find a machine again next year, i've tried a relative "cheapie" but it didn't simulate a road enough and started to affect my knees.

Well Done R, it is just like that, much "kicking and screaming" but once you are in the process you start to realise why you're doing it and it's not really that bad!

You got out for a social and did something N, and that's all that matters. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  13. @Chris ….Whaddaya mean “ considering apparent absence of spring-chicken-ness.“ :astonished::astonished: !

This Friday I’m,……….65 FFS!!…how did that happen :scream::sob::sob: :sob: !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. Many Happy returns for this Friday! :) - that's one behind me, tell me Poucher - have you been singing that Beatles song to yourself this year? - you know, taking advantage of that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? :D "when I get older.. " etc :D:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Never been a Beatles fan tbh Chris, also am trying to keep my gob shut about getting on a bit,..shhhh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. understood, bit of a fence-sitter myself on that one, I liked the White album and a few singles but as a band, George was the only one i had any time for.

17. Not a Beatles fan here at all, don’t recall a single song by the Beatles i’ve liked.

18. I can't really call myself a cyclist in such company. I would love to have the engine to put out figures 50% of those stats from Poucher even though I'm 8 years younger.
    But I do enjoy getting out for a couple of hours on my mountain bike. 5B8773F4-8E86-42F8-8175-72FABA01D84F.jpeg 3495A046-CC40-4515-A7E7-A94A7CF7CED2.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  19. Of course you can @98SPS, ..you get out on your bike, have a good pedal and you enjoy it,…so your a cyclist, it’s even better with a few mates in tow, one of my mates came out with this profound Pearl of wisdom one day, …which was unusual for him :joy::joy: when we were having a bit of a grueller of a ride …

“ Your best mates are the ones you suffer with “

Meaning they are the ones that keep you going ( normally by taking the piss :D ) when you hit the wall / bonk miles away from home, over the years I’ve found this to be very true,..keep pedalling :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Thanks Poucher, we have a good group of four and usually ride on the Lincolnshire Wolds on Sunday morning. We have done all you say - suffered, taken the piss, picked each other up from some nasty crashes and helped shepherd home when the legs have fallen off, definitely proper mates.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information