1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Distinguished Gentlemans Ride 2017

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by El Toro, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Good afternoon everyone and apologies for sending this out again but I just thought I’d give you a quick nudge if I could.

On Sunday 24th September 2017, I will be taking part again in a world wide fund raising event called the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride. I’ve taken part in this in the last two years and thanks to some very generous support managed to raise over £2800 for the charities involved, in that time.

So what is the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride? Well the “propaganda” says that it’s “tens of thousands of distinguished gentlefolk in hundreds of cities worldwide who will don their cravats, tweak their moustaches, press their tweed and sit astride their classic and vintage styled motorcycles to raise funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer research and suicide prevention.”

Though it is a world-wide event the money raised in the UK (over 30 ride-outs in cities and towns throughout the UK) is allocated to a prostate cancer project run by Prostate Cancer UK. This year the event is also supporting “Movember” and Men’s Mental Health.
    As the subject of cancer is personal to me on a number of levels I’d like to be able to raise a lot of money so I hope you don’t mind me asking if you could help and donate to my fund raising page.

Having done this ride and raised money over the past couple of years I can categorically state it is not arduous. Nor is it was not difficult, unless you count trying to dodge traffic in and around Leeds difficult. It was not a Tough Mudder "personal challenge" or "endurance" type of event. It is fun! Huge fun with like-minded people all wanting to help a great cause!! (and probably "show off" a little at the same time).

Like many people around the world me and my family and friends have been affected by cancer in recent times, so when this opportunity to help came along I felt obliged to help and raise awareness of prostate cancer in the UK and globally and to help raise awareness of the efforts of greater minds than mine, to find a cure for this horrible disease.
    Last year I managed to raise £1511 and the year before £1354 to go towards that end which meant an awful lot to me and Prostate Cancer UK. I’d like to beat that figure this year if at all possible!!!

Any help supporting my ride against prostate cancer in September would be gratefully received!

If you can spare a few £££ I’d really appreciate it………if you can help please donate here - https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/eltoro

As I said it’s nothing strenuous and it is good fun but it’s something personal to me and I would like to support this every year.

A huge thank you to those that have already sponsored me and a huge thank you in anticipation to those that hopefully can and will in the coming days [​IMG]

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraisers/eltoro
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here's the Milan version from last year :Hungry:

Distinguished.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. What's the rules again?

4. You have to ride a classic style/retro type bike. Get dressed up as a Gentleman/lady. Raise shit loads of money for cancer research.

5. A red Streetfighter or a bright orange KTM are probably out then..

6. It's that time of the year again folks. On the 24th September 2017 I will be taking part in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride again to help raise money and awareness for prostate cancer.

Last year, through your fantastic generosity, I managed to raise £1359 to try and help find a cure for prostate cancer.

Over the past year I know a number of people that have been diagnosed with a variety of cancers (including me unfortunately!) and because of the strides made in treatments, funded by things like this, they have all been treated successfully! And with that in mind it would be awesome if you could help me raise money again for such a worthy cause.

If you can spare a few £££ I would be very grateful. I like to think that what we'd be doing is helping the world become a better place. Help me raise awareness and funds if you can.

Thank you for your support as always........you can donate on the following link. Thanks once again. [​IMG]

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/eltoro

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I've never had a bike that had a chance of getting past their 'style' police before now. Has anyone done the Bristol one? Is it any good?
    20479517_1557949084265363_4327914816208243613_n.jpg

8. Good afternoon everyone and apologies for sending this out again but I just thought I’d give you a quick nudge if I could.

On Sunday 24th September 2017, I will be taking part again in a world wide fund raising event called the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride. I’ve taken part in this in the last two years and thanks to some very generous support managed to raise over £2800 for the charities involved, in that time.

So what is the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride? Well the “propaganda” says that it’s “tens of thousands of distinguished gentlefolk in hundreds of cities worldwide who will don their cravats, tweak their moustaches, press their tweed and sit astride their classic and vintage styled motorcycles to raise funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer research and suicide prevention.”

Though it is a world-wide event the money raised in the UK (over 30 ride-outs in cities and towns throughout the UK) is allocated to a prostate cancer project run by Prostate Cancer UK. This year the event is also supporting “Movember” and Men’s Mental Health.
    As the subject of cancer is personal to me on a number of levels I’d like to be able to raise a lot of money so I hope you don’t mind me asking if you could help and donate to my fund raising page.

Having done this ride and raised money over the past couple of years I can categorically state it is not arduous. Nor is it was not difficult, unless you count trying to dodge traffic in and around Leeds difficult. It was not a Tough Mudder "personal challenge" or "endurance" type of event. It is fun! Huge fun with like-minded people all wanting to help a great cause!! (and probably "show off" a little at the same time).

Like many people around the world me and my family and friends have been affected by cancer in recent times, so when this opportunity to help came along I felt obliged to help and raise awareness of prostate cancer in the UK and globally and to help raise awareness of the efforts of greater minds than mine, to find a cure for this horrible disease.
    Last year I managed to raise £1511 and the year before £1354 to go towards that end which meant an awful lot to me and Prostate Cancer UK. I’d like to beat that figure this year if at all possible!!!

Any help supporting my ride against prostate cancer in September would be gratefully received!

If you can spare a few £££ I’d really appreciate it………if you can help please donate here - https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/eltoro

As I said it’s nothing strenuous and it is good fun but it’s something personal to me and I would like to support this every year.

A huge thank you to those that have already sponsored me and a huge thank you in anticipation to those that hopefully can and will in the coming days [​IMG]

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraisers/eltoro

9. Good luck getting any money out of this lot..... 3 people sponsored our mopedathon from this forum and I was one of them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. HI Guys/Girls,

I'm also taking part in this years DGR 2017 in the Manchester group.
    I've hoping to raise at least £600 but it's going slow. I'm reaching out to this group just to see if I could get a small donation from you even a £1 will help.
    It's not very often I'm home for events such as these with working away, but this year I'm actually home for a change.
    the link is here.
    Thankyou in advance
    Paul

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/PaulConboy152324

11. I'm doing the leeds ride. And threads merged btw

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you anonymous for you kind donation. It's put my faith back in this forum community spirit. Also earned me a badge for hitting $200 raised so far. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just a week to go people. Please sponsor me (or @mentalist ) if you can. It's for a great cause that's close to my heart!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Me too - I'm riding as part of the SW Ducatisti team.

I have a great biker friend who is going through this right now, so it is dear to my heart.

If you'd like to support me with even just a little, you can donate at https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/DavidJHicks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cravat, shirt, waistcoat and trousers pressed, monocle polished, pipe ready, pocket watch wound up, country gent flat cap ready, bike cleaned and polished, chain lubed, tyres pumped up and battery charged. All ready for tomorrow morning!!

Just one day to go now so one final final push please........so if you can sponsor me please get it in before Sunday. Thank you everyone! :) (y)

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/eltoro

16. @El Toro

I know this is going to sound lame, however I don't have the facility to donate out here so could you stick Me down for tenner and i'll settle up with you at squires next weekend El T?

17. Cancel that, just tried again and managed to get it done with paypal for you :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information