1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ducati ‘speciale’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Jul 12, 2015.

• Ducati UK launch modified Ducati competition
    • Finals to be held at Silverstone round of British Superbikes
    • Winner receives specially designed trophy, £1000 worth of Ducati Performance vouchers and season pass for Ducati hospitality

Ducati UK is pleased to announce the launch of the 2015 Ducati ‘Speciale’ Challenge, a competition to find the best modified Ducati in the UK.

Ducati has always been synonymous with performance and design and most Ducati customers modify their bike in some way using the extensive array of Ducati Performance accessories available. To celebrate some of the best examples of self-expression by UK Ducatisti, Ducati UK will invite six finalists to display their bikes at the Silverstone round of the British Superbikes Championship on the 3rd and 4th October. Here a panel of judges led by Tim Maccabee, Managing Director of Ducati UK will jointly select the winner and runner up before awarding the trophies at the hospitality unit.

The winner of the Challenge will receive a bespoke trophy by designer Dan Taylor, £1000 worth of Ducati Performance vouchers and a 2016 season pass for two for Ducati hospitality at selected BSB rounds. The runner up will also receive a bespoke trophy and £500 worth of Ducati Performance vouchers. The remaining four finalists will each receive a £250 Ducati Performance voucher.

The bikes will be displayed outside the Ducati UK hospitality unit in the main Silverstone paddock where the race day crowd will have chance to view the final entries. The finalists and a guest will also have the opportunity to enjoy Ducati hospitality throughout the weekend.

To take part in the competition, please email your entries to [email protected] with images and a description of modifications made. The deadline for entries will be the 1st September with the finalists announced on the 14th September.

All Ducati Performance vouchers are to a value including VAT and can only be redeemed by purchasing official Ducati accessories and/or apparel from an official UK Ducati dealer. By entering the competition entrants agree to their names and bike images being posted on the ducatiuk.com website, Facebook and other social media channels. For full terms and conditions email [email protected]

1. I have the first 999 hand built prototype built in 2000/01 that was modified by Ducati Corse for promo work during Stoners championship year. It was due to this that it became the first and only modern day true Ducati prototype to leave the factory :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The way that reads is they only want bikes modified with DP accessories. if that's the case its not much of a competition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. There are a few bikes modified by the owners on here that would be worthy of a place

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I thought I had the only one........................ :Arghh:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. lol, actually, I think i remember seeing these on ebay! any pics?

6. There is only one prototype, there were another 4 pre prod bikes done the same - two of which were sold to a London Dealer in 2007 for 15K each as non runners. Eventually these ended up on Ebay and were purchased by a collector to go with the one he had already acquired, which was the one I have with a 5 digit frame number - the others are 11 digit frame numbers.

7. Doh! :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thats right, i remember, quite a few parts missing which stopped them running. I had my 749R at the time, so was beady eyed for anything 749 999.

9. Steps to winning:
    1. cover bike in glue
    2. ride through accessories catalogue
    3. winner!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Amended

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Could be worse, they could be asking for bikes covered in Rizoma tat

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. So come on, there's loads of nice modded Ducati here - who is going to enter their bike?

P.S. All mods are allowed, not just DP accessories!

13. Hmmmm ;) maybe people have entered.

#14 Peroni, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  14. In that case....

• Like Like x 1
  15. We've just received an email from Ducati UK advising us that our bike has reached the finals and will be showcased at Silverstone 3rd & 4th October :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Owner or bike?

17. We'll both be there :)

18. And me, see you there

• Like Like x 1
  19. Guess my bike didnt impress then.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information