1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Future Of Motorcycling

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gliddofglood, Feb 27, 2019.

1. I thought you might enjoy this picture of the future of motorcyling:

IMG_1733.JPG

Just kidding. The future of motorcycling is not an electric bike that looks like a radiator.

It's the train.

There isn't going to be any motorcycling in the future because the kidz aren't interested and the insurance companies won't insure you, once driverless cars have become the norm. Which they will. Private transport will die out. We'll all be taking Ubers. On 4 wheels.

Sad. As someone likes to say.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. We were born in the best of times :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. We were. We experienced the acme of motorcycling. It's pretty much downhill from now on, despite the bikes being better then ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. You think? Ww1 and 2 must have been pretty harsh dude...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thread moved

6. Wibbley wobbley 1 and 2? Your belly movements? :eyes:

7. Yes I fear you’re right. Tried really hard to get my lad onto a bike (despite the wife’s objections) even offered to buy & do up an old fizzie or something else with him to get him started but he just doesn’t get it. When his mates see my bike for the first time, they’re really impressed, in awe even, but not one of them will ever ride. Uber sh*t is the future. Depressing ain’t it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. He's old, but not that old!

9. About the same age as the Chiz, so fairly old o_O

10. So, I should throw my Mad Max prep kit out? All those dread extensions and weapons holsters will be no fucking good on the train!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Should really keep it handy.
    If those remoaners are right the apocalypse is just a few weeks away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. And if the Brexiters are right then all the pavements will turn to gold in a few weeks. Huzzah! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. the future is offering a lot of unknowns for businesses and individuals, some changes are all good and some are just a shame, for me school days watching sheene and roberts will never be repeated, that's why I still keep a smelly two stroke to remind me of the old days, also the way manufacturers are making a lot of retro bikes also shows the market in some ways doesnt want the change as many buyers arent looking for superbike stuff, they just want some fun, in the end superbikes will just end up on the track as riding anything like that now on the road is sadly becoming almost impossible with all the bloody cameras and traps let alone the power that simply cant be used, I basically want to stay in the seventies cos I had hair then and had better success with ladies lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nice to see you back glid :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. You can always tell when a new motorbike has been designed by a designer who has no experience of bikes but thinks he can do better than folk who have been designing them for decades. And they always look dreadful.

Girder forks at the front, twin shocks at the rear, slab sides in the middle, and a seat like a plank - yes sure, that's the look of the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 100%, mine just wants to play FortNite. I did get him to stick a load of stickers on the track bike Sunday, that kept him amused for 7 minutes.

Am very close to buying him a Trials bike but have a feeling I'll be dragging him there which is pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mine is the same, depressing isn't it, I can't even get the ungrateful prick to work on the house he has a share in. I'm sure he'll stick his head up when it's finished and on the market though!

18. I would want to live in the golden age of the pirates, but with the knowledge and resources I have now. Forget Blue/blackbeard or whoever, right now the whole world would be reading about me!

19. That's because you've indulged him ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Stepson loves the bike ( although he bought a Harley - I am still talking to him ) my boy had a bike to thrash round the fields from the age of 7 - now totally disinterested - offered to buy him but not bothered

If it’s there and they get a buzz great but can’t force them - granddaughter is 6 have a little quad in the shed waiting

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information