1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Garage Thing Someone Suggested, Which Helps With Moving Your Bike Around In The Garage?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by TonyMNo1, Apr 14, 2021.

1. I can't find the thread that someone posted up about a baseplate on wheels, which they had found incredibly useful to rotate their bike around the garage on, rather than spinning it on the side stand/centre stand.

My new home situation has a double garage with an electric door, that has the driveway on a slope, which makes for quite interesting arrivals necessitating riding in and then progressively shunting forwards and then backwards, to get the bike facing outwards, ready for the next ride out.

It's not a major problem, but crikey it can be pretty irritating doing 6-8 point turns, due to the garage being occupied by another toy....No questions please!

Any suggestions as to where to look? OH and apologies for the tiresome thread title.:rolleyes:

2. Wheel dollies

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers AdV, but which one(s)?

4. Just roll it out backwards? That's what I do.

• Agree Agree x 1

5. I can’t help with exacts bud, but I reckon if you Google motorcycle wheel dolly(s) you’ll probably get a wide selection.

I’m sure someone will be along with exact recommendations :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do you have an Abba Stand? They have an add on glider.
    https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=moto-glide&pid=32

7. Thanks for all of the responses / suggestions guys, very helpful and now to choose one!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sealey ms063 motorcycle dolly?

Machine Mart used to sell these but not currently listed, and there used to be loads of different makes, probably all off the same production line in China. They work well but best to have a smooth floor as the wheels are quite small and can be a struggle to get the loaded stand moving if the surface is not smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anyone tried these on flagstones? I could really do with one but those little wheels look like they need a nice smooth surface.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I had one when I lived overseas, a few years ago but a third of the current lowest UK price I could find on line, and was great with an original style Monster. The garage had a tamped concrete floor so was a bit hard to get the thing moving, but was OK once on the go.

One benefit was it was pretty easy to move the bike out of the way, up against a wall or into a corner, so well out of the way during winter, etc.

Other people I knew there had garages with power floated floors which are much smoother, and the dolly’s were brilliant on that surface. I thought about getting bigger wheels (not quite monster truck size!) but never got round to it before moving on.

Based on that experience, don’t think they would work too well on a flagstone floor, as the gaps between stones would be the problem, and at UK pricing, possibly a bit pricey to see if bigger wheels work.

Edit - Re the post below from GarySN, the Sealey MS063 stand is side stand only, whereas the Easy Turn is centre stand only.

#16 Mr Bimble, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  11. I use an EasyTurn, which works great with my KTM 1290 Super Adventure. Had the smaller model previously for a Honda Crosstourer, which weighs in at 270kg. There are two sizes available. You just need one whose diameter will accommodate your centre stand.

#17 GarySN, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I have the Constands one on my 1299. Used it for 4 years now. Ive used it on flag stones and all manner of crap surfaces, worked fine, never really caused me any issue. Would easily buy one again.
    Note: The way Motea send it to you its basicaly a rear paddock stand, you remove the wheels and attach the trolley wheels. The instructions were so sh*te that I thought they sent me a paddock stand and threw in the wheels by accident. Customer service had no idea how to guide me. I figured it out in the end but I was swearing for hours. Flip side is, if you ever dont need the trolley wheels, you remove them and re attach the other wheels, and you have a normal fixed rear paddock stand. 2 in 1.

13. https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637192229/side-stand-type-motorcycle-dolly

Same thing cheaper here
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-MS063-Stand-Motorcycle-Dolly/dp/B009ZRYKWS

See also
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryde-Motor...VB8M1DZRA6P&psc=1&refRID=14KT7595TVB8M1DZRA6P

14. Thanks Borgo Panigale.

I mentioned Machinemart due to their frequent (pre pandemic) VAT free events. That said not sure if or when there will be another....

Cheapest Sealey MS063 I found was £120.82 delivered at Workshopping.co.uk.

Some available used on eBay I think, but all look like buyer collect as they are quite bulky, even disassembled. Also quite heavy, so not the easiest thing to shove through the window slot at the local post office....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information