1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Greater Good Brewing Company ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Android853sp, Jan 14, 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Not bad value on the beer though, works out about £1.50 a pint
    So suppose normal pub price of about 4 quid, stick about 30 pints down yer neck and it’s paid for itself

2. Looks interesting. 1.50 a pint isn't cheap though.

3. Not bad compared to pub prices

4. I think the price point reflects the very simple ‘1 pot does all’ whereas if you brew traditionally you need a lot more space than part of a shelf in your fridge. Problem is, I’d buy 2 of the brewing containers and have 1 on the go whilst consuming the other and 10 pints don’t last long when you’ve got a thirst :joy: Andy

5. Can't drink it in a pub though. If it's as good as from a keg then it's worth thinking about.

6. That’ll be 2 weeks then :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. A bit of a disaster with the first brew. Found that where you push, twist and lock the brew station to the Pinter cap, the joint leaked during the brewing phase. Persevered with the conditioning phase, just in case but sadly the yeast didn’t do it’s thing and 9 and bit pints of cloudy piss got washed down the sink.
    Corresponded at length with the company via email to identify if it was me or there could be a manufacturing fault. End result, I have a replacement Pinter cap and a fresh IPA brewing kit winging its way to me.
    Obviously disappointed that I had to pop to the Co-Op for beer but delighted with the response from the company who have been really helpful. Andy

• Like Like x 3

8. Have you persevered with this ?

Any updates ?

9. Just received my replacement part and started a brew yesterday. I will know how it’s gone in 8 days time. The customer service is very good but the company has suffered from the pandemic affecting other suppliers and I think, more customers than their business model anticipated when they started 6 months ago. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thinking of getting one. At £75 looks worth a try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jury is still out. If you can wait 8 days, I’ll let you know. Although I’ve not engaged with it, there is supposed to be a Greater Good community which might give some feedback. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Four or Five, why the nuke ? Andy

13. might be fat fingers scrolling

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Apologies mate
    Scrolling on an iPhone and did it without realising. I’ve undone i hope

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Less of the fat, I’ve dropped 9kg in the past year

clumsy I will give you

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. I like the thought of this. I’ll await your feedback Andy!

17. Okay, latest feedback. Second brew leaked although not quite as much as the first brew. Decided to do the conditioned phase anyway and broached it today. More cloudy piss water :( I have exchanged emails with the company over the last 3 days and they are replacing both the original brew station, the second cap and replacing both the unsuccessful brew ingredients. A third failure will result in a request for my money back. Andy

18. Well, it’s now a month later and I am no further along. A reply to yet another email today wants to go back to square one. Not going to happen, I have been patient but it’s been 4 months and no sign of resolution. Awaiting on my request for a phone conversation but basically it is supply a fit for purpose kit or give me my money back. Andy

19. sad outcome/ending Andy, after two attempts it would be solely money back for me, I hope they play ball soon. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information