1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Long Way Up

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Oct 1, 2020.

1. This is on Apple TV (which I don't do) at the moment - electric Harleys!:
    upload_2020-10-1_20-14-5.png

2. Pish, thread closed :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  3. I've now watched the first three episodes. They are doing the trip on electric Harleys. The film crew use specially made electric trucks.

I was never into electric cars or bikes but it does seem the way that we will be forced to go. And I was never into Harleys at all, but electric Harleys look OK, I think. Still have the age old problem of range. I think that their Harleys can only manage about 70 miles on a charge.

Very interesting.

4. I’m finding it boring it’s a unrealistic trip with dozens of people wiping their arses every five minutes and having a truck with a diesel generator isn’t really a all electric trip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. A truck with a diesel generator, hmmmm. Makes it sound like more of a guided tour than an adventure.
    I’ll watch it all the same.

6. Absolute load of toss - re my other statement/thread....if it was realistic (with no backup) we could listen to Ewan tell us all about his fucking vegan kids and his car thats powered by his own self importance...

The series might drag on though as we'd be waiting for the harleys to charge up....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well, I think it's interesting. Yes, they "cheat" with a diesel powered generator, but they admit it and show it.

It's not saying, "look, electric bikes are marvelous!" They admit that there are problems with them and admit when they "cheat".

If the programme annoyed me as much as it does some of you, then I would not pay to watch it!

8. I used to like Mr McGregor, thought he was down to earth and hadn't let fame fortune lead him away from roots in Perth. That was 20 odd years ago tho, now he's become your stereotypical hollywood diva/lovie that thinks running his second LA home with solar panels and converting his historic VW to electric, somehow offsets the fucking enormous carbon footprint he has and continues to create whilst jollying around the planet telling anyone who'll listen that he is now a vegan!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I can tell you stories of how this show been produced from very first series years ago. Just don’t want to make you cry. They didn’t want to pay for anything. Starting from bikes to camera equipment. Everything was expected to be free or if they had to part with cash it was done in brutal bargaining way...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Sounds totally shocking, so shocking in fact I’ll have to watch it just to judge for myself how shocking shocking can be

Thanks guys.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. ^ I get this A :upyeah:there are films out there that are so bad, they are good.

I strongly recommend this film:- (apologies for off-topic):-

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. What about hot tub time machine :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  13. To be fair chief, you're not off topic, a fifty foot woman...............it's a long way up! :D:p:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Blimey it’s no wonder they’re crashing their cars!
    That must be some eyeful.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. So you are successful and rich. Perth or Hollywood? Hmmmmmm, that would be a tough choice. The little sh1t didn't choose Perth and so should be ostracized!!!

16. Not sure if I detect a hint of sarcasm chief,
    In the highly unlikely possibility of ever being as rich and successful as our Ewan, I would have leased in LA whilst working and media whoring, spending maximum time with family and friends in Perthshire when back in reality, thats me tho chief!
    What I wouldn't do, as the bandwagon of Veganism, photovoltaics and electric vehicle conversions passed the end of my drive, is jump on the cunt, so as I stated earlier to jolly round our poor planet media whoring, about what a good boy I am!

17. Well, having never been to Perth or it's surroundings, I am talking from a position of total ignorance. Nor L.A. and Hollywood, for that matter! Never met Ewan either and so he may well be a cnut! But, it just doesn't worry me. I watch the programmes and I am entertained. So, I don't care!

18. I'm shocked that you're shocked mate, very shocking all these shocks, I do hope after you have viewed this shocking series you aren't too shocked! Take care chief

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information