1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Meaning Of Life, Why Are We Here And All That Stuff.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sam1199, Mar 25, 2018.

1. The hardest thing about this post is deciding what title to give it because as you will see there is a meaning to it. I don't even know what section to put it in, so El Toro if you think there's a better section please move it.

Today I waved bye bye to my beloved ST4. It was a relatively quick decision over the past week or two but I have no doubt it was the right decision. I'd had no intention of selling it. I'd done loads of 'smiles' on it and it was a great road bike with huge mid range torque which I really enjoyed. I shall miss it. However, it was sad day but it was good day.

One of my oldest school friends has had a tough time, a really tough time. Added to that he's had a couple of brushes with 'The Big C' and it may not be all over yet. I just wanted to improve his life and I figured his need is greater than mine. Well it is. So I gave it to him.

What sparked it off was going to three funerals in two months. It makes you think.

I'm not rich but I am in a better position than him. I knew the offer wouldn't sit well with him but what do you do? Why not? It'll make a big difference to him. I could so I did.

I have to confess I struggle with charities. That doesn't sit well with me but in my working life I've seen the inside track on some charities. Charity has become a business. Not much of the donated money gets to the causes. Some bastards take big salaries from money that is donated with the intention of helping improve less fortunate people's lives. Some stay in big hotels and waste donated money on fancy conferences. 'A necessary evil for a greater cause' some might say. Some bastards just steal the money like the 'Live Aid' money. Some incredible twats spend it on hookers! Obviously a rarity but shit happens.

So this is my way of helping someone.

I'd like to help someone else too.

I made two New Years resolutions last year and this year. One of them was the same resolution last year and this year.

That resolution was to take Ducbird out on the back of a bike. She's been through a lot. It's a simple thing that I thought would bring her lots of pleasure and give her something to look forward to. I thought she'd love it. Last year she just couldn't do it so we obviously had to let it go but I did go and see her which was great but all too brief.

This year I was hoping to get her out but not having the ST4 gives me a slight problem, I have no pillion available. I'll have to think on that one and find a solution.

In the mean time gentlemen, I'd like you to form an orderly queue.

Who else would like to take DB out for a spin when she's well enough? Surely it's a good thing to do?

I've been busy of late and not been on the forum much so I'm not up to speed on DB's progress. I do hope things are improving. I'll PM her.

• Like Like x 32
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. You Sir, are a good person, what a fantastic selfless act, I hope the good Karma comes flooding back in some way, shape or form, and I do hope you can borrow it back for when the pull of motorcycling gets too much, or perhaps you can afford to purchase another bike in the future, I hope @Ducbird will be well enough this summer for someone to be able to take her out on a bike or just to visit. Again what a wonderful thing you have done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not that nice, I do have alternatives as my moniker shows.
    So I'll still be able to feed the pull of motorcycling.

Come to think of it, one of the places I do have on my radar to ride is New Zealand. Just got to get away from this work shit messing up my riding/social life.

I'll get there though.

#3 Sam1199, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. You are a good man. Make no mistake. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sam I have sent you a PM :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes he is and a lovely one at that :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your mate is lucky to have such a mate. Good on you :)

8. Right, thanks but that's enough of that.

Very nice of you guys but it's about my mate and Ducbird.
    Or come to think of it take any good deserving person for a ride (when the weathers good) just to make them happy.

I take this 76 year old lady out for a spin sometimes and she just loves it. Very good passenger too. Now she's planning/wants to go to the TT! How good is that.

She's widowed and doesn't like to do things/go places on her own. Anyone got any good ideas or contacts?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have you told her to try Tinder ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Morning Ducky, only just up off nights, so soz for the late reply. When Chiz, myself and the gang get back from Spain, I'd be more than happy to shoot up and whip you out for a blast, so get that kettle on, and choose you're weapon of bike or car ?? I can bring either Viv. Laters hun
    Wayne

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. You are a good mate,you’ve made someone really happy at a difficult time.Nice .

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ah thank you :)

13. you have inspired me to get my 748 back on the Rd!!! I promised my mates 84 year old mum a spin ages ago and its not happened.. The bike has her late husbands ashes in the paint...

• Like Like x 4
  14. No worries Viv, I got another 10 days off till 3rd May after we get back, so fingers crossed for a sunny day. You got a lid and all that jazz ?? Or fancy a blast out in my fun car ?? :upyeah:

15. Can I do both :D

I will have to check out my lid and leathers etc haven’t seen them for 7 years

• Like Like x 1
  16. what day/time we back? I'd be up for a detour on the way home if im not pushed for time...

17. 76E391F2-0F99-40E1-8153-F70E7DE32ABB.jpeg Thought I would give you all a smile

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 6
  18. 22nd Mate, not sure on return time, but I think quite late at 9pm ish mate ?? Will look at web now as its not on ticket

Edit. arrives pompey at 7.45 @chizel

19. Always knew you were a good un, first impressions and all that :upyeah:

If you still want to give Viv a backy, use my multi whenever you like.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information