1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Minor Changes Continue

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Garioch Rider, Nov 2, 2020.

1. As the rain and wind persist, so do my minor modifications to make my 959 look like it should have, in my opinion. Following on from the 1299 exhaust change, I have now had the wheels done in Yamaha Oro Gold, at the same time fitted new wheel bearings, rear tyre and bled the brakes and clutch. Only a few other minor tweeks and it will be finished.. Then what will I do through the winter..

Duc Gold 4.jpg

Duc gold2.jpg

Duc gold3.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Like the wheels :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Thanks, quite happy with them..

4. That looks amazing. Are you leaving rear foot pegs on?

5. I will remove them, I also have a couple of decals to add as well, but it is getting closer to what it should have been without the silly EU noise and emission regs..

6. I had to fit a 190/55 on the rear after Michelin stopped making the 180/60 in the Power RS.. This is a power GP, so it matches the front, we will see how it fairs, but probably next year now..

7. I had to fit a 190/55 Michelin road 5 on the back of my 899 after a puncture whilst touring in Scotland, didn’t make a jot of difference to the handling, but it did make the “chicken strip” nigh on impossible to get rid of with squeezing a 190 section tyre onto a 5.5” rear rim , bugged me for ages :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1

8. Me too :)
    Forgot my bin though
    What does a bin pic do...... that’s it keeps me happy :D

Welcome into our mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hi and welcome to the Ducati fourm

10. Hello and welcome to the forum

11. Thanks

12. Thanks

13. Sandpaper is your friend.

14. I’d personally get the rear and front foot pegs and everything else that’s in naff standard silver done in black make a hell of an inexpensive improvement.

15. Thanks for the thought, I have removed the rear pegs and carriers, and polished the front heel guards already.. Considering polishing the hangers as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not sure what coating plastic or powder but it would really make a subtle improvement I never get why manufacturers don’t do it as standard

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information