1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Most Powerful Ducati Naked Of All Time

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Sep 14, 2015.

1. The unveiling of the new Monster 1200 R: the most powerful Ducati naked of all time

The new Monster 1200 R has been unveiled by Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding, during the Volkswagen Group Night in Frankfurt.

With its 160 hp, the Monster 1200 R is the most powerful Ducati naked of all time. Its key features include the Testastretta 11° DS twin-cylinder engine in its “R” version (EURO 4 homologated) and a revised chassis to ensure maximum effect and enjoyment on track. In addition, the brand new design of the tail and front section confirm the sporting credentials of this new version of the Monster.

Available in Ducati Red and Thrilling Black, the new Monster 1200 R will be on the market from early 2016.

The Monster 1200 R will be exhibited for the very first time between 15 and 20 Septemberon the Audi booth at the 2015 IAA (Internationale Automobilausstellung) in Frankfurt.

The new Monster 1200 R press kit is now available on Ducatipress.com and includes high res photos and texts.

2. God I hate these Ducati teaser videos. The thing has been announced, now lets have a look at it, instead of a micro-second of interest.

3. So is that it, no 899 replacement, no Streetfighter ? What an anti climax :(. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. So it looks like the regular Monster 'pigeon-toed' ergonomic arrangement rather than anything new. Basically upping the power and maybe the toys to bring it in line with the Super Duke and S1000R. Price will go to 15K too.

5. No they have changed the footrest arrangement as it has separate hangers for rider and passenger and there is a recess in the silencer so looks like a better setup

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cupidstunt will be disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ah I see what you mean. Incidentally, the pipes look quite nice.

[​IMG]
    Spec is on the visordown link:

Ducati Monster 1200 R

8. Isn't the Diavel a "naked" which makes the Monster R the second most powerful ? Still disappointed :(. Andy

#9 Android853sp, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Watering down the Ducati 'R' somewhat :Facepalm: Scrambler R next year :Hungry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Now on the Ducati website. Looks very tasty.

[​IMG]

11. best thing they could have done is finally sorting out the foot pegs.

Think I'll have a go on one of those

12. I like the look of that, looks purposeful. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

13. Wouldn't mind a little try of one of these myself :) Looks like it's got a bit of street fighter about it looks wise?

14. Do these italians know we have muddy puddles in the uk?

15. Don't like it im afraid.

16. Merge threads? :Arghh:

17. Not even a DVT and the same bland styling. FAIL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Have you ever seen a Ducati in the rain?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information