1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 The Multi Is Dead, Long Live The .....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bigyin, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Another Multistrada of course.....duh !!!!!!! [​IMG]

The last one was the best bike i have ever owned so made sense to get another one

A few days after the accident i got a lift to my local Ducati place Seastar Superbikes/ Ducati Norwich to see what they had in stock to replace the wrecked GranTourismo.

After the usual piss taking about limping about the place and one working arm we had a look in the back of the workshop as something that i might be interested in had been traded in by a bloke who needed to free up some money and had chopped in his pride and joy for an ER6 of all things.

A 16 plate (late registration as the GT's were only made 2013 -2014) GranTourismo in Red with 6100 miles on the clock and a previous owner who could have been mates with Weeksy on the cleaning front .... it was immaculate with all the added extras i had on my old one.

I could have got a newer DVT model but mileage would have been higher and much lower spec for the budget i had available

Tony agreed to keep it for me till my insurance paid out without needing any deposit ....Once they paid out 2 weeks later i placed the deposit and said i would pick it up after my holiday last week. Full service done, new set of tyres put on and a tank of fuel and today i have my new toy

[​IMG]

Tentative ride home on the shiny new tyres as my left shoulder is still fucked but useable enough to get the bike (of course)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Previous owner left on a couple of bits including this R and G radiator cover which i should have fitted to my old one before Norway as the rocks and stones battered the rad paint over there

[​IMG]

Also fitted was a navihalter sat nav mount and a Garmin Zumo cradle but i dont know which model ....anybody any ideas so i can try and get the unit to fit it

[​IMG]

Happy Days and now to get my shoulder properly fixed to ride it properly and try not to feckin crash this one

• Like Like x 13
  2. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi
    I am delighted for you. It looks a stunner mate. Keep it upright though lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

4. Looks like a Zumo 590 mount to me?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Looks like a good buy, enjoy. GPS cradle appears to be for the Zumo 590/595.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Nice one. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice! Looks like the mount for my 595LM. I’m in the Norwich area so if you’re ever nearby, welcome to swing by and try and see if it fits.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks, might take you up on that so i know for 100% before i start looking for the main unit

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Oh those wheels!!! Hope you enjoy it without any incidents!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Excellent. Glad it was a good outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice one bigyin, glad to hear you got a result after your accident.

Agree, it looks like a 590 mount. Measure from the bottom mounting lip to the top lip to be sure as the 390 looks similar, just smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No probs. Just drop me a message if you do and we’ll sort something out :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've got a 590 I keep meaning to sell, send me a PM if you are looking for one?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking good, I'm glad you've got a good result after the off.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information