1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Bmw Gs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Daddy2coull, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Just seen some pictures on Facebook. Looks bloody gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the adventure version.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Looks like the 2017 to me? Love mine, no intention of changing anytime soon.

3. Weirdos....

Just kidding. Each to their own.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know they are different beasts, but the vfr vtech put me right off bikes with vvt

5. Has it got that stupid one large one little headlight assembly by chance,..

6. Very minor external changes. Presume the tft screen is now standard? The extra grunt will be appreciated but the biggest plus for me is the 3 YEAR WARRANTY. Hope Ducati et el follow suit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kinda makes the 1150 gs even more likeable.

8. Tbh the existing 125bhp feels much stronger than the figures suggest. A little more top end might be welcome by some but honestly it is not lacking. Having owned many high power bikes, sports, adventure, etc. would say this is the perfect allrounder. For me it would depend if the power comes in without a 'step' like the old Vtec vfrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The torque will be 105lbft too, which is even more than my KTM1290SA (103lbft). Shame they couldn't get the power up more. I would have loved 160bhp used in the R1250RT.

10. The torque will be 105lbft too, which is even more than my KTM1290SA (103lbft). Shame they couldn't get the power up more. I would have loved 160bhp used in the R1250RT.

11. The thing is though, power and torque are a good match to a competent chassis. Some bikes have more than they can handle, IMO the 1290GT did not work safely at high speed or on bumpy roads as the suspension could not be set up for hard riding. It all got a bit nasty with ANY bumps mid corner. Bumps that would not upset an S1000r or R1200GS....

12. I'll try one anyway. My 13 plate GS is 30,000 miles old nowo_O

13. imho, my 1200 dvt multi has more power than it needs. my old 2007 gsa felt better prepared to tackle anything. saying that the multi is more sports tourer than adventure tourer

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information