First of all, we need to make something quite clear... for all you varese fairies I say this: Good. now we've got that out of the way I'll begin. last year I was seduced into buying this wee project. The bike was bought as a basis for a trackday bike by the previous owner. Due to some changes in circumstances and direction he decided to sell it and for the price I tore his arm off for it. It's a 2006 Biposto. I've got enough old tat in the garage to give it the full blown S treatment. Anyway, lured by the promise of free tea and the eating of another mans hobbitsnobs this landed from the lands of not surrey. Strip down and clean was duly commenced and the stash of 999 parts box came out of the cupboard with many swears required to avoid loads of GSXR11 shit from falling on top of me. The seller has noted that the previous owner had tried to respray the tired rear shock in situ. Hereforth the owner who he bought it from will be referred to as the previous owner, since the seller hand't owned it long enough to qualify. The shock you say... the respraying the spring yellow you say.... The sticker says it all ! The overspray went quite deep! The previous owner wanted to make sure the chain never dried out as there was enough chain gak to make your cloves look like you'd dipped them in treackle. I'd go as far as using the word... glistening. But not for long. The old sprocket and chain were also removed and a new one fitted when the degakking was complete. Swingarm was also given a birthday and the chain guide removed to allow for cleaning of all the plastic bits. But overall in reasonable nick. new M12x1.5 rose joints ordered from McGills Motorsport for the shock linkage rod as I wasn't giving Ducati £60 for a rose joint. Next step was to have a good clean up, wipe down the tools and just check everything over.