1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The People Have Spoken

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete1950, May 24, 2014.

1. So the people have spoken. And in this week's local elections what they said was:

Labour 2,101
    Conservative 1,359
    Lib Dem 427
    UKIP 163

Seems pretty clear who won this time, and it wasn't an "earthquake". The outcome of the European Parliament elections is awaited with interest - let us see if the earth moved for that one.

2. the better conservative and ukip do, the better the argument for Scottish independence.

3. Lol the SNP are just the Scottish Conservatives. Its the way to get tories into power in scotland. Haha suckers.

4. The bit that amuses me is that Niggly Farridge isn't even an MP, yet his gains have put the other parties' twits into disarray................shows just how much the other parties are disliked IMO.

And even though Labour appear to be clear winners in the Local Elections, it was a pretty poor result for the Opposition party towards the end of a Parliament term.

5. I wonder how many people actually voted in those elections? When I went to do my Euro voting in mid afternoon, I doubt 1% of the people on the list had actually voted.

6. I live in West Sussex.

I neither need, nor have, a vote ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. when are you doom Sayers gonna learn, a vote for independence is not a vote for salmond. we have the same party's as your self, yet hopefully not as dumb,short sighted or imperialist as some to allow ukip a seat in parliament. up until liberal jumped in to bed with the torys i would vote for Charles Kennedy (a cleaver and real person) but i just cant now.

8. I think people are sick and tired of the way the country has become a meritocracy, we are now governed by a pompous, sanctimonious, privileged minority who have absolutely no idea of what real life for millions of hard working families is actually like.

Farage is a right wing nutter, but Labours complete denial of an immigration problem in this country fuels his popularity.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I couldnt decide whether to vote Tory or Conservative

• Like Like x 1
  10. kind of like Nazi or German?

11. To be honest, the current crop of politicians across the board are all wet & weak. If I didn't feel that I should vote for someone, I'd vote for none of them. I vote Labour but tbh the current Labour party and its leadership leave a fair bit to be desired.

The whole world is moving to the right. Some poor fucker is going to get it. Hope its not us.

12. 2/3rds of those eligible to vote couldn't be arsed
    This is about the norm for Euro elections

13. What's the betting that the LibDems are heading for extinction?

What's the betting that the Conservatives lose the next General Election? (Just so we end up on the same old, same old, merry-go-round again...........)

14. yeah that John Major, mr charisma.
    Geoffrey Howe and Douglas Hurd, must have had the laydieez throwing themselves at them both

15. Congratulations, Steve! You have now made a post without including your autobiography!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. :Nailbiting: :Nailbiting:

17. Is it that the public are sick and tired of Etonian pricks with no idea whats its like to see the Sun as a credible means of gathering the news and a week in the Costas being an essential, not a luxury? Well maybe, except UKIP is full of old Etonian twats too...

Actually its simply the masses want to hear what someone thunks, not what spin doctors tell them to think. In comes UKIP...

18. You really should vote, these cretins tell you when your going to fight another war, when your parents pensions are scrap, your not getting the nhs treatment you need, your kids exams ain't worth an interview, tax is going up on everything you own, want to own and sell, voice an opinion on anything and your stuffed.

An unelected EU isn't the answer

19. You know we just had an election for the EU don't you?

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Loz Fracking hell?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information