1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rossi Appreciation Thread .......

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dibble, Aug 5, 2021.

1. The man is a legend, a gladiator and a true sporting great, 26 years of speed and grind ..... the suns has started to set .....

valentino-rossi-4-1.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Incredible rider. Incredible career.

One in a Million.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. He'd NO right racing at 42 years of age with these youngsters in the top class, but he did it and matching the front runners speed like Morbidelli back in 2020 many times over.It's a shame the factory Yamaha team got their act together when he left the building as in my opinion he got short changed.
    I thought when he signed for the non-factory team that came in second in 2020 things would improve for him and perhaps some better results before he retired but unfortunately not to be.
    Anyway he was head & shoulders above his peers in all departments over the decades........for sure he will be missed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. My fav clip of Rossi

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Yeah just love that race, let the brakes off and block pass until the finishline.:):upyeah:

6. We were there, sat in the stands at the exit of that final bend. Incredible ! Andy

• Like Like x 4
  7. Yeah, he's alright spose :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Shall hope he’s racing GT cars at Le Mans in ‘23.

9. Brilliant, utterly brilliant.

Had me chuckling watching that

10. Great photo!!

11. A mate reckons that he is definitely a woofter. I don't know but one of the greatest riders, without question.

PS I look to lower the tone, where possible.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. I think the the footage of the climax of this race is better in the documentary Fastest 2011 by Mark Neale, shows his pit crew going absolutely nuts! It also shows the ludicrous corner entry re-pass around the outside.

13. I'm a Rossi fan, but on his day Lorenzo was a match for Rossi on the same bike. I never liked Stoner, but he did make the Ducati work. Rossi was a master of the mind games though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Won't be the same without him. A true legend.

15. Nearly being decapitated last year used up all of his remaining lives I suspect.
    Thanks for the memories VR46, you were awesome!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fantastic racer, great character, what a career. A real shame to see him retire but it is time, unfortunately.
    He should have had his tenth championship but he was unfairly robbed of it.

Hopefully he’ll do well running a team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. He probably should have retired a couple of years ago but that aside he is the GOAT. Simples.

He has inspired a generation :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. His longentivity says it all, he's seen them all off through his career (other than Marc). A quarter of a century racing in Grand Prix, and being competitive I doubt anyone else will ever achieve that.

He wasn't always the fastest, but he had the race craft, he has the charisma and built up an army of followers, he was MotoGP for many years.

He's achieved so much and started his VR46 academy to help young riders, and got a team in each class, his whole life is MotoGP.

Grazie Vale.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. I can’t compare them having not seen Fastest 2011, thought this clip also had shown the pit crew?

I’ll do some digging later.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information